[13]

SYDNEY’S POV

“Zylan!” I yelled her name as we went upstairs, to her room. We just came home from the dinner with my family.

I followed her until we’re both inside her room. And she’s still ignoring me! Argh!

“Zylan, come on! Stop acting this way!” I said.

Her back is facing as she started taking off her clothes. Taking off her shirt, not giving any care that I’m standing behind her. I can see those well-toned muscles. But I looked the other direction.

“Done mesmerizing me?” She asked. I can sense her sarcasm in her tone.

“In your dreams.” I rolled my eyes. “Z, come on, don’t let what happened earlier ruin our day.” I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

“Can you blame me? I can’t just let myself be insulted by your cousin.” She said. I can really sense that she doesn’t want her gangster pride to be step on by anyone.

“Don’t let everything he said get into you. You know he’s just testing you.”

“Yeah, really. To the point I wanted to give him a punch on his face.” She said, rolling her eyes.

My lips curved downward. I tightened my embrace. Her hands held my wrapped arms and took it off her waist. She turns around and looked at me. Cupping my face, I pouted and she smiled. “Your cousin was lucky you’re around or else, I already—oww!” she didn’t finished her sentence because I pinched her left side, making her glared at me.

Well, if you’re asking what happened…

Flashback

“It’s good to finally see you again, Zylan.” Mom said. We’re eating right now. I’m sitting next to Zylan and she’s serving some food. What a gentlema---no, gentlewoman? I don’t know what I’ll call her.

“Same here, Ma’am.” She replied.

Mom laughed. “Call me ‘Mom’ now.”

“And Dad for me.” My dad commented.

“Sure, it’ll be a great to call you guys with those names.”

I smiled at their interaction. I’m relieve that they’re not opening up anything related about the past. I know it will be very awkward, I guess.

“Say, why you didn’t bring Lynx here?” Dad asked.

Zylan took a sip from her glass before answering. “Well, I’m sorry for that. I’ll bring her here next time.”

“Can you two stay here for a day? I don’t want to rush things but I’m really eager to see my grand daughter.” Mom said.

Zylan smiled again. “No worries Ma’am---I mean, Mom.” She changed the endearment when Mom glared at her. “We will. It’s just the schedule that makes me find a hard time to bring her out.”

“That’s really bad. I mean, Lynx’s current age is looking for parent’s love, especially presence.” Dad said.

“Well, there were times I cut classes just to go home to stop Lynx from crying because she’s looking for me.”

Everything is great. The way I see things in front is like we’re just having a casual familly dinner. It was going great when my cousin, Kyle, stepped in.

I literally almost drop my spoon. It became quiet. My hand held Zylan’s to calm her. She and Kyle are not in good terms. Kyle never take a good liking to Zylan ever since they met each other.