[12] Ace's Past

ACE'S POV

One of the members from the Student Council told me to go to their meeting room. And I have already an idea why and who's behind it.

"We need to talk!" Riley said as I took a seat that is really far from her.

I gave her a cold stare. "Is that how you open up a topic?"

"You don't deserve a proper greeting." She rolled her eyes.

"You what? If this is how you're going to talk to me in that way, I'll leave now. Tch." I can't help but to feel irritated at her. "What do you want?"

"I want you gone."

Wow, just like I expected.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes." She smirked. "I want you to go to another school."

"What did I do?"

She showed her evil smile. "Nothing. But because I don't want you here."

"Oh, really? Who says I want to see you every day?" I fired back.

"Ugh! Why can't you just leave me alone?"

I leaned my back against the backrest of the chair while looking at her with a blank expression. "I think you misunderstood why I'm here. I'm here because of my friends, not because of you. Besides, I decided to study for my own reasons."

"What would that be?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Personal reasons. But don't worry, you are not included on the list."

She slammed her hands on the table. I didn't react at all. She never changed. Still a brat, I see.

"Why are you so persistent, Ace?"

I glared at her. "Who says I'm persistent? If I recall it, you're the one who kept telling me to come here and talk to you that we both know how much I rejected it."

Her eyes narrowed at me. "You still haven't move on?"

"I don't know. But I realize that I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who can't be proud of their partner." I sarcastically replied. I saw her expression changed. Did she actually think I forgot what she told me that day?

The silence becomes the new atmosphere of the room. I think I say something below the belt but I don't care. I want to step on her ego for thinking I still haven't move on.

I can't bear her silence, so I cleared my throat. "Is that all you wanted to discuss? I have classes to attend since I don't want to be in the same room with you." I stood up and left without waiting for her response.

Tch. What a waste of time...

ZYLAN'S POV

"Yow! Master!" Kent greeted as he saw me walking inside the classroom.

"What's with your greeting?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing. Aren't used to it?"

I didn't answer. I took my usual seat that is next to Ace. By the way, I haven't seen her this morning. Usually, I'll see her walking in the hallway every morning.

I looked at Kent. "Where's Ace?"

"I don't know. I didn't see her this morning." He replied. "By the way, Drake told me there will be another underground battle tonight. Are you in?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it's been a while now."

"Are you going to tell Sydney?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not sure. She might scold if I tell her."

Kent suddenly laughed. I looked at him, wearing a confused expression. Did I just say something funny?

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing. Master. I just realized now, you're the under in your relationship."

I rolled my eyes. "So what?"

By the way, Sydney told me she'll be going home late. I told her I'll wait for her, but she refused. She told me to take care of Lynx. I just agreed since I don't want to have a long discussion. The reason she told me is there will be another meeting. I forgot my girlfriend is a Student Council President.

"How things are going between the two of you?"

"Great."

"Care to tell some stories."

"No."

"You're unfair, Master! You should tell us!"

I smiled. He never changed. Still acts like a kid. "Maybe later. We'll have lunch in the rooftop."

"Really? That's great! Finally! I can't bear staying in the cafeteria and being stared at by those girls while eating."

"I thought you like attention?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, not while I'm eating. I feel like a prisoner." He rolled his eyes.

***

"Finally!" Brad said as he sat down on the floor. We're in the rooftop to eat our lunch. Drake placed down the delivery and did the same.

"Being inside that cafeteria feels like hell!" Kent said.

"Well, the only good part was we're receiving stares from the girls." Brad smiled. I shook my head. Here goes their girl hunting side.

"You two, enough with the talk. Let's eat." I said.

We started eating and I notice Drake eating in silence. That's a bit odd for me.

I nudge my elbow at his side. "What's with the silence?"

"I'm just stress because of my parents."

"Why don't you tell us?" Brad said as he took a bite of his chicken.

"Well, Mom told me they're planning to transfer me to another school."

"What?!" Brad and Kent shouted, making me cover my ears quickly.

"Both of you. Lower your voices, will you?!" I roared. My eardrums hurt for a bit. We're just sitting close to each other and Kent is sitting next to me. Then, I looked at Drake. "Why?"

"They want me stop doing underground fights."

"Wait, how do they know about that?" I asked.

"A business partner of their told them about it. So what if I'm doing underground fights? It's not like they're here all the time. And they have the nerve to tell me to stop? Fucking hell." Drake continued. He even scratched the back of his head in irritation.

"No wonder, you've been staying in our hide out for two days." Ace said.

"Seriously?" I asked. I'm starting to feel guilty. I admit, I forgot about my gang while I'm busy with my family. What kind of a leader are you, Zylan?