Chapter 11 (Edited)

"Morning, Miss Johnson," my gym teacher said with a grin. He frowned when he saw that I had my track shirt on. "Aren't you going to get hurt in that shirt?"

Marshall Wesh was his name, and I had known him for a long time, because he seemed to be my gym teacher for years, also, he was a family friend of my fathers. He stood at probably 6'3 and was fat. He had curly black hair, and it made me wonder if he had an afro when he was younger. He did have some muscles, but I was sure that it was under his belly. Like my father, he had brown eyes that glowed happily. He also had a beard, but his smile wasn't covered by it.

  "Morning, Mr. Wesh," I said smiling at the older male. I shrugged my shoulder. "And no, I will not get hot in this shirt."

Mia came to where we were standing and talking. She folded her arms across her chest and glared at me, jutting out her hip. "Mr. Wesh, Martha is hiding some stuff, so that is why she is wearing that shirt." She flicked her hair away from her face. "She isn't even telling James or I, so we are not friends anymore." With that, she turned and walked away.

I frowned, hating the way that she was acting towards me. I mean, even though I wasn't telling her something. She should still be my friend. She was my first friend and James came later. Her and James should respect what I was doing, because I was protecting them. They didn't know what was going on, and they shouldn't know.

"Hiding things? What are you hiding?"

I shook my head, not wanting to talk about it. Yes, he was a family friend, but I couldn't tell him that I was the Almair. I couldn't tell him anything, because I didn't know if he was part of the clan or not. I was sure that he didn't know anything about it.

I wished that there was some sort of code, so I could see if someone was in my clan or not. I didn't want to do this alone, but I think that I was going to have to, because I might be the only one that was actually in school.

I didn't have my siblings in the same school, because Mom had changed them to homeschooling, when they had turned twelve. When I had turned twelve, I was surprised that I didn't get pulled out of school and got home schooled with my family. However, a part of me was glad, because I wouldn't have joined basketball if I was pulled out.

"Is it because you're the Almair?" he asked in a whisper.

I looked at him, surprised. My eyes were wide with shock because I knew that I didn't tell him. My heart pounded, because I was nervous. I didn't know how he knew that, but I hoped that he wasn't going to kill me. I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't. I cleared my throat and tried again. "How do you know?" I asked in a whisper, finally getting my voice back. "I didn't tell you."

  He just smiled smirked. "Let's talk in my office after we get everyone else started. Shall we?" he asked. He started to walk towards the main part of the gym while I followed him.

There was a frown on my face, because I was trying to figure out who he was. I couldn't help but wrack my head, trying to think of the wolves that I had met.

Lobo? No. He would've known that my life wasn't perfect.

Faolon? Nope. He didn't have that sense of authority that Faolon seemed to care himself at.

Brody? Defiantly no! Brody looked like he was a wolf everywhere. If he wasn't, then I would've known him for most of my life. Besides, Brody was too young, since he was my age. I was sure that he would look like one of my family members, because they all looked the same, except for me.

So that left Tupac, the wolf who gave me the pouch and who took me there to the meeting.

However, he could be one of the wolves that I haven't met. But, I don't think that was possible.