Chapter 14 (Edited)

"So, this is the new Almair," a voice said, when John, Brody, and I passed through the trees that marked the entrance to the backyard.

   "Yes, and I see that..."

   "...she is, also, the True One."

"Who's there?" I called out tensing up. A frown was on my face, because it sounded like we were surrounded. I still didn't trust the wolves here, because I hadn't met all of them.  Well, I haven't been introduced to them. I think I had met most of them yesterday.

"It's alright, Martha. They're friends," John, said looking up at me. His eyes showed that he was a little nervous, but he probably knew what they were going to do. He stayed still, waiting for them to come towards us.

"Friend to those..."

"...who are friends to us. And enemies..."

"...to those who aren't." The voices came closer to us.

Brody started to yawn, and I could sense that he was nervous.

I was also nervous. I didn't know who was out there, and I didn't know

   "There is no need..."

   "...to be nervous. You..."

   "...are a friend."

   The voices came closer until I saw two she-wolves, looking at us.

   "We are your..." one said.

   "...friends," the other finished.

   "Who are you?" I asked. I was tense, because I didn't know who they were. I didn't know if I could trust them. "What do you want?"

   "We are Almi and..."

   "...Anmi. We tell the future of all living halftons."

   "Do you tell what is going to happen?" I asked, watching them.

   "Yes. We tell what is going..."

   "...to happen."

   I figured out who was who.

   Almi was the first one to talk. She had light, blue eyes and a coat of white fur. Her voice was soft and light like a soft breeze. She was smaller than her sister and not as muscular.

   Her sister, Anmi, was very different. She was the second one to speak. Unlike her sister, she had dark brown eyes and black fur. She was taller and much more muscular than Almi. Her voice was hard and dark like a storm that was over the horizon.

"I tell the good and..," Almi said.

"...I tell the bad," Anmi said.

They started to circle around me. Their eyes stayed on me, making me even more nervous than I was before.

I couldn't help but follow them with my head. I didn't look them in the eye, but I did watch their movement. I didn't trust them not to jump on me and attack me. However, they did say that they were my friends, even though I haven't known them for a long time.

"Here our words..."

"...for they will tell you..."

"...what will happen to..."

"...you in the..."

"...future."

It seemed like Almi was usually the first and the last one to speak. However, there were some times that Anmi did get the last call.

They stopped in front of me and sat down. Their eyes started to change colors, from their normal blue and brown. Almi's eyes turned white as fresh snow, while Anmi's eyes turned black as coal.

A breeze started to blow and hard wind came after it, blowing my hair everywhere.

I should've placed my hair back in a ponytail. I didn't know why I didn't think about that after I had taken it out, while I was on my way home. I guess I thought that I didn't needed it.

"You will cause pain to the people," Anmi said, her voice still hard. However, she was starting to speak first.

"Yet, you will also bring peace." Almi said, her voice still calm.

"You will run away from home because of pain."

"But you will find love."

"You will have to make a decision of who will die..."

"...and who will live."

"Follow your heart..."

"...or follow your instincts."

"Hear our words..."

"...for some will come true."

The hard wind stopped blowing, and I opened my eyes. I didn't remember closing them, but I did. I glanced down at my brothers to see that they had also closed their eyes. However, they opened them, while I looked back Almi and Anmi.

"This is your prophecy..."

"...or your future."

"Be careful in what you..."

"...do for you can cause pain. Only..."

"...you can change what is in store."

And with that they left, disappearing as if they had never been there. Not even the brush moved, when they passed through it.

I watched them go, frowning. I didn't know what I was going to do. However, I knew that some of what they had said would come true.

"That was the weirdest prophecy, yet," John said, breaking the eerie silence that had taken over us. He shook his head and sighed.

"Maybe because you are strange," Brody said, helpfully. He looked at me and cocked his head, not knowing what to say.

"Hey, at least I am not a wolf everywhere," I shot back. I glanced down at him, frowning.

"She's nervous, Brody, so don't take it personally," John said, winking at me.

I sighed and shook my head. "Can we please just get started on my training?" I asked John.

He nodded. "Sure, let's start your training, because they might attack you soon. And, you need to be prepared and know how to handle them." He stood up and started to walk towards where we were going to train.

I frowned and shook my head, not liking the thought that he had placed in my head.

A really nice thought, John. A really nice thought. Please, note the sarcasm.