Chapter 21 (Edited)

"I told you that I was going to teach you the ways of the wolf tonight, so I am," John said, after I had gotten all of my schoolwork done, and we were outside together, in the area that we had started training. "What I'll teach you today is how to blend in with the shadows, move like the shadows, and how to walk silently, even when you have your shoes on." His eyes twinkled on that one.

"Is it because that I can move silently without any shoes on?" I asked, grinning.

He chuckled and nodded. "Yes, that is the reason on why I am going to teach you."

I sensed someone moving in the bushes. "What about looking for danger without letting the, person or wolf, that you know they are coming up on the person?" I asked with a small twirl of my hair, letting John know what I meant. Somehow, I had came up with that signal to know that something was wrong and out of the ordinary.

He was silent and slinked off into the shadows, padding quietly towards the sound of the bushes. He barked and pushed a young wolf out of the bushes, surprising the other wolf. "You already got that skill," he said his ears flat against his head and his teeth bared at the wolf.

"Who are you?" I asked, looking over the young wolf.

He was probably about my age in human years. He had a coat of gray fur, which all of the wolves that I had met so far seemed to have a coat of gray fur, except for Almi and Anmi. His fur was speckled black and brown spots. He had small ears on top of his head. He also had a white muzzle. His eyes were gray, and they were filled with joy.

  "I knew it, I knew it, I knew it," the wolf said, excitedly wagging his tail.

That voice sounded so familiar. "Jason!" I exclaimed, knowing who it was. "What are you doing here?" I asked, my surprise turning to anger. "Don't you know that you are not supposed to be in this area when John and I are practicing?" I glared at him.

He froze underneath my brother, probably thinking on what he wanted to answer first. "I knew that you were the Almair when I saw you on the bus," he said, starting to wiggle around again.

  "Shhhh!" I exclaimed, sharply. I narrowed my eyes and tensed, glancing around and making sure that we were still alone.

He froze and looked at me surprised. Jason cocked his head, wondering why I was acting so cautious and such.

"Do not and I mean do not say that out here," I said, keeping my eyes narrowed at him. I gritted my teeth together and sighed a little.

"She is in danger, Jason," John said, getting off of the younger male. "That is why she doesn't want you to say anything about it."

Jason rolled over onto his stomach, stood, and shook off dust and leaves from his back. He sat down and looked at me, still keeping his head cocked.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again.

"I wanted to see if my suspension was correct when I was sitting beside you on the bus. And for your other question, I moved back here today, so I didn't know about the rules. So, I just followed you and John to see what you were going to do," he said, looking around. His ears swiveled to pick up the least bit of noise but there was nothing.

"So, you know who Mr. Wesh is?" I asked, looking around us, trying to see the least bit of movement. However, I didn't see anything, so I turned my attention back to Jason.

"You mean Tupac? Yes I know who he is."

"You know the rules about that don't you?"

"You can't say his name out of the woods." He rolled his eyes as if to say 'duh'.

I looked at John and raised an eyebrow, smirking. "What should we do with him?"

"I promise that I won't say anything to anyone about you. Please, just don't hurt me."

"Well, he better run soon. He does not want to see you get upset," John said with a devilish smile.

And with that, Jason bolted away from there. "Bye!" he exclaimed before he ran away full speed. His ears were flat against his head, and he probably went back to his house.

  I looked at John and grinned. "Well, he is a rabbit jumping at the sight of a wolf."

John started to laugh and shake his head. "Now, I see what you mean by that," he said, still chuckling.

I started to join him in the laughter. Oh, that was so funny. Jason was a wolf, but he acted like a rabbit.

After a few minutes of laughing our laughter died down.

"Now, that that is over with, let us get on with your training," John said.

I nodded my head, and we started my practice for that evening.