Chapter 23 (Edited)

"So, I am guessing that you have a new best friend," Mia said, cornering me in the gym. We had just finished getting ready, and I had been doing stretches, away from everyone. That was when Mia had walked over to me, narrowing her eyes. She folded her arms across her chest and looked at me, a frown on her face.

"A friend, he is a friend. There is nothing going on between us," I said. I really hated being cornered by someone. It made me feel like I was trapped. That was probably because I was part wolf, and I would be able to turn into a wolf soon. I folded my arms across my chest and looked at her, hoping that someone would come over and help me.

"It didn't seem like that, with you laughing with him." She rolled her eyes and scoffed. "You got over me so quickly."

"It was just an inside joke. And, you were the one that dumped me in the beginning. It shouldn't really matter if I had told you my secret or not. You should've stayed by my side, but you just threw our friendship away like it was just some piece of garbage."

"Oh what was the inside joke about, or are you not going to tell me?" she asked, coldly, keeping her arms folded across her chest. She ignored the rest of what I had said, focusing only on the inside joke part.

  Tupac came up behind her quietly and stealthy, as a wolf. I only saw him because I was facing that way. "Tell you what?" he asked, coldly looking at her up and down. There was a frown on his face, and his mouth disappeared into his beard, while he folded his arms across his chest.

Mia jumped and turned around to see that Tupac was behind her. She sniffled as if she was about to cry. "She isn't going to tell me what this new guy and her were laughing about on the bus. I think they were laughing at me," she said, acting oh so small and helpless. Again, she sniffled and wiped her eyes.

"That is not freaking true," I growled, narrowing my eyes at her. My whole body was tense, and I had this urge to punch her. However, I kept my hands to myself, by stuffing them into my pocket. "I was not laughing at you. I wouldn't do that to you, Mia. I was laughing about my name with Jason Daniels, who is the new kid on the bus, and Mr. Wilds."

"Oh, why were you laughing about your name with that boy?" she asked, turning to look at me. Her eyes were narrowed as if she was waiting for me to give her a reason why. She, again, folded her arms across her chest, glaring at me with such hatred, that it made even Tupac move, warily.

"Do you even know what my name freaking means?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She looked at me with her blank stare. That meant she didn't know what it meant, even though I knew what her name meant. Her name meant 'mine' in Latin.

"It means Lady in Hebrew, Mia. And, you got to know by now that I'm not a Lady. You've known me for a long while, so that is why you should known."

"Oh, and why did you stop in front of the all the students who did not want to be late for class?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You are not late for class, Mia." I scoffed and rolled my eyes, annoyed and angry. I was mostly hurt, because she had changed. She was not the same person that I thought she was. "Don't give me that bull crap." I glared at her, gritting my teeth together. "And, I was just telling Mr. Wilds that he should be glad that he was a teacher."

"So? Why couldn't you have just stayed in your seat and tell him that?"

I was mad, and my nostrils flared, showing how mad I was at her. She had no right to be like this towards me. I was trying to be nice to her, but it was so difficult for me to do that. "You know what," I said, flinging my hands in the air, done with her attitude, "why don't you just leave me the hell alone and not try to start an argument every freaking single time that you see me?" And with that, I shoved her out of my way and went into the karte room to control my anger.

I knew that I was going to be in a really sour mood because of what had happened with me and my used to be best friend. However, I didn't give a crap about her. She can act like that all she wanted to. I freaking give up on her acting all nice to me again.