Chapter 27 (Edited)

"You don't have practice today, Martha," John said, meeting me at the door. He looked nervous about something. His whole body was tense, and he kept glancing around, as if something was going to pop out of somewhere.

I shut the door, slowly and silently, not knowing what was going to happen to me or to my family. I tensed up automatically, because I knew that there was danger coming for me or someone that I knew. "What is it?" I asked, whispering.

"You have a visitor," he said. He still looked nervous as to who had came calling on us. Still, he glanced around before he looked at me, a frown on his face.

My pouch grew warmer, again, like it had done today at practice. So, I'm guessing that it got warmer every time there was a Dark Force around or near me "Coach Pike?" I mouthed.

John nodded his head, frowning. He probably wondered on how I knew that it was her. However, he didn't say anything about it. He glanced around and sighed, seeing that I was nervous. "You better go on in there," he said. "Don't forget about the stone," he mouthed.

I nodded my head. However, I didn't know what I would do with the stone, but he told me not to forget about it, so I wasn't.  I went into the living and was followed by John. Nick and Mike were sitting on the couch, telling embarrassing stories about me to Coach, who was sitting on a chair.

"She used to go outside without-" Nick started.

"You know, I got some embarrassing stories of my own on you two," I said, interrupting them from telling any more embarrassing stories about me. "Princess Leah," I said, looking at Nick. "And Tinker Bell," I added, looking at Mike.

That had shut them up, quickly. Their eyes were wide open, and they glanced at each other before glancing up at me.

"Mom said she didn't tell anyone about that," Mike said, turning pale. He glanced at his brother who had nodded, agreeing with him.

"She told me it, so I could use them, if you two are being nut-jobs, like now," I replied, glaring at them.

"Don't tell her. Please, don't tell her," they said in unison.

"Then, stay. Please," I said, twirling my hair.

They looked at each other and then at me, frowning. They nodded because they that knew something was wrong, or else I wouldn't have asked them to stay. Nor, would I have had twirled my hair like I did.

"Would you like anything before I sit down, Coach?" I asked, trying to see if I couldn't distract her or something.

"No, I am fine," she said, curtly.

I shrugged and sat down in a seat opposite from her. I stayed tense, not knowing if I had to do something on not. I leaned back in my seat, trying to act relaxed.

John stood behind me, not sitting down. He folded his arms across his chest and watched Coach, staying silent.

"If I may ask, and I am not trying to be rude, but... why are you here when you have a family?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about basketball and college," she replied, leaning forward just a tad. "You have an opportunity to actually do really well in it."

"Why didn't you ask Mr. Wesh to talk to me about basketball and doing it at college? He lives a few houses down from here," I said, pulling out my cell phone. I looked at it, frowning as if I had saw that I had a new message. "Please, hold that thought. My mom had just called me, and I missed it, because it was on silent. So I'll be right back." I stood and ran into the kitchen. I was playing about my mom just calling me thing, because I needed to call Tupac to get him to talk to Mom. It was the only way to get her when she was out in the forest.