Chapter 20 (Edited)

I woke up with a gasp and sat up in my bed, having a bad dream. I had forgotten where I was at, not knowing if something bad had happened to me. That was until I looked around and saw that I was in my room. Why am I in my room? I thought, frowning. I am supposed to be in school!

At that moment, I remembered what had happened during first period. I laid my head back down on my pillow and groaned, covering my face with another pillow that I had on my bed. I didn't want to move from my spot, because I was just sick and tired of everything.

There was a knock on my door, and the door opened after that. "Martha?" John asked, before he padded over to my bedside, silent as a wolf.

I took my pillow off my head and looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "You didn't make any sound at all."

He chuckled and nodded his head. "You'll learn that trick tonight," he said, smiling. His smile didn't reach his eyes like it usually did, making me tense up and expect the worse. "You have a visitor downstairs."

"Who?" I was confused, because I normally didn't get visitors. Mia and James did come over sometimes, but they would just walk into the house and called for me themselves.

"His name is Jason Daniels. Do you know who he is?"

I frowned and cocked my head, trying to think of who the person was. "Jason Daniels? No, I don't know him. What does he look like?"

"Black hair, brown eyes, has glasses, tall, and skinny. He said that he met you on the bus. He told me that you told him that a dog bit you, and that was why you had a bandage on your arm." He raised an eyebrow at that.

"What did you say?" I asked, tensing up some more. I knew who he was talking about now. It was that new kid from the bus.

"He told me that you told-" he said before I interrupted him, by shaking my head.

"No, before that part."

"He said that you met him on the bus, today."

"Damn it," I mumbled before I scrambled out of bed. "Where are my jeans?" I asked John, looking around for them.

"On you," he said, smirking when I looked down to see that they were indeed on me. "Mom just took off your boots for you, because you had crashed the minute your head landed on your pillow. She did this before she went back out, again."

  I grunted and nodded my head. "Come on before he goes into the backyard," I said, going down the stairs, with John following me.

"He's in the living room," he whispered, staying silent.

I nodded my head and walked quickly but quietly, into the living room. I walked into the living room and saw him sitting on the couch. "Why are you here?" I asked him, coldly.

He jumped up, startled and turned to look at me, seeing that I was smirking. "Can't you at least say hi before you ask a question?" he asked, nervously. He moved a hand through his hair, looking at me.

"Hi, and I am sorry that I scared you," I said the smirk still on my face. I was amused on how high he had almost jumped.

"You did not scare me. I just wanted to stand up," he said, pushing his glasses back up onto his nose.

"You were like a rabbit jumping at the sight of a wolf," I said, casually, shrugging my shoulder.

"It did look like that you were scared," John said, smiling at him, before he flashed a glare into my direction.

"I am just using a play on words." I looked at him, smiling innocently. "This is my older brother, John," I told Jason, patting my brother's arm.

"We've met. I was in the house when he had knocked on the door." That made sense on why he was still in the house and not out in the backyard, doing whatever he usually did.

"So, again, why are you here?"

"Such an impatient young lady," he said, shaking his head teasingly.

"Well, my name does mean Lady in Hebrew," I replied, smiling innocently.

"But she is not a lady," John added, smiling.

I punched him in the arm hard, making him glare at me. I just gave him a grin, cocking my head, before I turned to look at Jason.

"Well, I am here because Mr. Wesh had asked me to give you the assignments that you had missed, since you left school early," Jason said, going to his bag which was on the floor.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was 3:45pm. "I got time to do my stuff right?" I asked, looking at John.

He raised his eyebrow, asking what time it was.

"It is 3:45pm."

He nodded. "Yes, you have time to complete your school work before we have to do anything," he said.

  "Well, here is your work," Jason said, handing it to me.

I nodded my thanks, staying silent. I took it from him.

"Well, I have to go. See you tomorrow, Martha," he said, smiling.

I smiled and nodded my head in goodbye.

He went out of the house, and I followed him silently, making sure that he wasn't going to go anywhere that he shouldn't be going.

I cocked my head and frowned, watching him leave. What a strange boy he was.