𝑰𝑰

Excuse any mistakes.

❝She moved like a queen, and she didn't even know it

She moved like a queen, and she didn't even know it.

MILES wasn't in the best mood today.

He'd woken up to shouts from his parents room, and as much as he tried to ignore it, his mother's yells of accusation regarding his father's infidelity reached his ears clearly. It was always the same story. Always.

He'd left the house without saying goodbye to either of them, the drive to school seeming longer than usual as all sorts of thought ran through his head.

"Miles," he turned to Jeremiah, the only true person he'd been able to connect with since moving here, "you good? You look a little off today."

He forced a smile, "I'm good. I wanna step out for a while though, give my cousin a call."

Jerry nodded, still not looking convinced. He picked his books from the table and walked towards the school doors, ignoring the greetings he received from those he walked passed.

"I didn't get your name the other day," he said, as soon as he stopped in front of her.

She looked up from the book she'd been reading, frowning as soon as she realized who it was.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked. She was used to everyone avoiding her, and she'd grown to like it that way. 'What was his problem?' She wondered.

"Nothing," he was smiling, "I just want your name."

He could've asked anyone else for it, but he'd wanted to get it from her alone.

She pulled away from the locker she'd been leaning on, and stuffed the book back into her backpack. If he wasn't going to leave her alone, then she decided she'd just leave.

"I won't stop bugging you, until you tell me."

His statement stopped her from walking away. She knew he wasn't joking. His presence annoyed her to no ends.

"Ashanti. My name is Ashanti, and the next time you try to talk to me, I promise you won't get an answer from me."

And she was gone, before he could think of anything else to say to her.

"Ashanti," he murmured under his breath. It was a fitting name for the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.