𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰

Excuse any mistakes.

❝You are the cause of my euphoria

❝You are the cause of my euphoria.❞

"Are you ready?" Miles called for the tenth time since he'd arrived. "I've been standing out here for decades!"

Trust him to exaggerate things.

"Give me a little more time!" Ashanti yelled back. She heard Miles's voice, and then her father's laughter, but couldn't make out what they were saying. It didn't take a genius to figure that she was being clowned though.

"Ugh, whatever," she muttered, flinging the dress she'd held in front of the mirror for the past five minutes to some place it would probably remain at for a week. Or more. "Just come in."

He didn't waste any time pushing his way into her room, and his eyes went wide when he accessed the state it was in.

"It looks like a plane landed in here," even she knew that was putting it nicely. "Do you need help?"

"No, I'm sorry," Ashanti's lips pulled into a pout. "We're already late, aren't we?"

"We are," he accepted, "but the restaurant is ours for the entire night. You can have all the time you need."

"You didn't."

Miles's forehead wrinkled in confusion. "Didn't what?"

"You reserved the place? The entire place?"

He nodded. "Of course," her eyes widened even more. "Why, shouldn't I have done that? Is it too much? I fucked it up, didn't I? I'm so-"

"Miles," she said to stop his rambling. "It's fine. A little too much, but it's fine."

"Are you sure?" he asked. "I can cancel, and take you elsewhere."

Ashanti shook her head. "I've never had dinner at a fancy restaurant before. Trust me, this is fine."

"If you're sure it's what you want," his eyes scanned her room again. "You don't know what to wear?"

"I don't," she was pouting again. "I'm so worried everybody will be dressed nice except me."

"It's just you and me, remember? And I think you look good in everything, but you already know that."

Ashanti moved to give him a hug. "Well, I didn't but I do now," she leaned back to look into his eyes. "Wanna help me pick something out?"

"Do you want to wear a dress?"

She nodded, giving him a quick once over. He looked really good and smelled even better, as per usual with him. He'd adorned a black button down, with the first few buttons open, black jeans with rips at the knees and black leather boots. He was one very attractive specimen, no lie.

"You look so good," she commented, going to hug him again. "I wanna wear a dress so we can match."

"I can change if you want to go with something simpler. It'll take me five minutes, tops."

"Now you're just lying," she side eyed him. "You take way more time to get ready than I do."

"Right now is evidence that that's not true, don't you think?"

"One time on my part doesn't make the truth a lie, Miles."

"Whatever," he replied, pointing to a random dress that sat on her floor. "That one looks nice."

"You're trying to change the subject, aren't you?"

"No," he lied. "It really looks nice from where I'm standing."

Ashanti walked over to lift the dress, frowning when she didn't recognize it. Had she bought this with her money?

"What, you don't like it?"

She shook her head immediately. "It's not that," she raised it again, giving it an unsure look. "Let me try it first so we'll really see what we're working with, okay?"

"I can already tell you'll body it," he started, going over to her bed to make himself comfortable. "But go ahead."

So she did.

there's so much going on rn, and in a bid to help i'm abandoning school work and posting this ;). don't fret, the next chapter will be up sooner than you think :D

more importantly, i hope you all are staying safe. whether you're indoors or out protesting #BLM, please remember to take care of yourselves. your mental health is just as important as your physical so please don't neglect it.

lmk your thoughts on this chapter, i love to read the comments y'all leave. also, to everyone who's been voting, leaving comments, and even just reading, i want you all to know that i appreciate it more than anything. thank you!

till next time, babies. stay safe always!