𝑽𝑰𝑰

Excuse any mistakes.

❝We both say I love you

We both say I love you.

MILES was in a bad mood today. She could tell that much, seeing as he wasn't his usual annoying self, not that she minded much at this point. She'd rather have him annoy the living daylights out of her, than be quiet like this. That she could take, she was used to that, not this. He was always the one trying to make her comfortable, and she felt a tad bid uneasy now that their roles were reversed.

"Are you alright? You haven't said one word to me since you got here."

All of this was making her head spin.

"I'm fine," he responded, forcing a small smile that did nothing to appease her. Nevertheless, she didn't push it. If he wanted to talk about whatever was bothering him, he would, right?

She sighed. "If you say so."

She went back to picking at her lunch, and he did the same. He knew she was probably uncomfortable with how he was acting, but just for today, he didn't want to have to pretend everything was fine when it wasn't. He'd woken up to his mother yelling, again. She wanted a divorce, he'd heard her say she wanted a divorce. He didn't know how he felt about it. Sure, he hadn't seen his parents have a civil discussion away from the eyes of friends and associates, but would a divorce make things better? He really didn't know.

He sighed, and at the sound, Ashanti removed the headphones that hadn't been playing anything from her ears. She was used to having them in her ears to avoid people, and eight times out of ten, she wasn't really listening to anything.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

She felt stupid as soon as the question left her lips. Of course, he wasn't okay.

"Don't worry about me, how're you?"

She didn't want to talk about how she was doing. She only wanted to know why he was acting strange, was everything okay at his home? He hadn't ever discussed about his family, neither of them had in fact, but what else could be the problem?

"I'm okay," she settled for instead.

He nodded, silent again. 'Why did you come if you weren't feeling up to it?' she wanted to ask. She wanted to go home, but would that even be better? She'd have to see her father, and she didn't want to.

"Do you want to order anything else?"

She raised her head at his voice. He wasn't even looking at her, perhaps she had done something wrong.

"Did I say something wrong? Why are you being like this?"

He shook his head. "No, I just have a lot on my mind right now. It has nothing to do with you, I promise."

So it wasn't her then, she thought. Relationship issues probably? Asking him about that or his family seemed a bit too intrusive so she refrained.

Instead, she made an offer she wouldn't normally make, "want to leave for a few minutes? I have something to show you."

Super sorry for the late update, I've been too busy. About to hit y'all left and right with updates, so look forward to that!