𝑰𝑰𝑰

Excuse any mistakes.

❝You bring the heat when I'm feeling cold

You bring the heat when I'm feeling cold.

ASHANTI hadn't been bluffing when
she'd promised to ignore Miles. She'd successfully avoided all encounters with him, and he was finally getting the hint. They saw each other several times a day, but he knew now not to try to talk to her. She didn't have any qualms with embarrassing him in the presence of his friends.

They'd had literature for the past four weeks together, and she'd sat besides him quietly all those times.

Today, however, was going to have to be different. She'd forgotten all of her pens at home. Before she had to swallow her pride, and turn to him for help, she emptied her purse for the second time. Still no luck.

She turned in her seat to face him, and spoke quickly before she lost the courage, "do you have any pen I could borrow, please?"

It was impossible to miss the instant smile on his face. After all, he'd promised to not speak to her unless she spoke to him first. And she just did.

"Sorry?"

She should've known he would be difficult, "forget it," she answered, rolling her eyes.

"You know, if you'd taken the pen I had given you weeks ago, you wouldn't have to ask me today."

The pen? She wished she'd hit his stupid, smug face that day.

"I said nevermind."

He continued on, as if he hadn't heard anything she'd said, "but, I'm generous. So I'll give one to you today, okay?"

She wanted to slap him so bad.

He handed a fancy looking pen to her, smiling when she snatched it from his hand, and offered a stiff thank you in return.

She focused on the teacher just in time to hear the announcement she had to make.

"I think it's about time we start working towards the project you'll have to do this term. I won't give too much information on it, until I've decided on how you all will be grouped."

The entire class erupted in whines from all angles.

"I'll be able to divulge more," she continued, speaking over the noise, "by the time we have our next class. Have a great weekend."

Ashanti walked out of the class quickly, eager to get away from the little demon whose presence she'd endured for the past hour.

They had other classes together, but she'd never had to seat besides him in any of them.

She was grateful she didn't have any other class with him today, she would've definitely gone crazy. He was driving her crazy.