𝑰𝑿

Excuse any mistakes.

❝We could be together forever

We could be together forever.

ASHANTI drove worse than his grandfather. Miles had seen a lot of horrific drivers, but he'd never quite seen anyone drive like her, in all his years of existence. It was amazing, yet terrifying at the same time.

"Should I be honest with you?"

Miles blinked at the sound of her voice, she'd been driving quietly the entire time.

"Honest, about?"

Her hands left the steering wheel for a quick second to tuck her hair behind her ears. "This is only my second time driving, but I'm pretty good, aren't I?"

She really thought she knew what she was doing, he wasn't going to break her heart by telling her she wasn't. "Yeah, you're pretty good, love."

"I'm going to have to blindfold you now," she was smiling, "we're almost there."

They'd driven this whole way without him being blindfolded, and she wanted to do it now? She was so cute, he couldn't take her serious. "If it's not a surprise, why am I being blindfolded?"

"Why can't you ever just do as I ask?"

"Why should I?" Riling her up was so much fun, "are you trying to kidnap me?"

She laughed at that. "Nobody would want to kidnap you. No offense, but you're a real pain in the behind. Why would I want to do that to myself?"

"You're the only one who thinks that, you know? I mean, have you met me? Seen me? I'm the best company you could ever ask for."

I've seen you alright, she wanted to say, for the past month and half.

"Fine," she said instead, "do whatever you want. Keep your stupid eyes open."

Miles laughed, nodding as well. "That's exactly what I plan to do."

He really was the most annoying person she'd ever met. No single doubt.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"This is it, you can look now."

Miles opened his eyes at the sound of her voice -he'd indulged her at the end, because how could he not?- and he was pleasantly surprised. Very surprised.

"This is beautiful." He whispered. He'd never seen a better sight, and he'd been to a lot of places. Perhaps, it had everything to do with the girl who'd brought him here. She was his prettiest sight. It was only right that everywhere was beautiful with her in it.

"I know, right? My mom used to bring me here all the time."

He wasn't even looking at her, but somehow, he could hear the smile in her voice. She'd never talked about her family before.

"She doesn't bring you here anymore?"

"She passed a few weeks ago."

He turned then, he hadn't expected to hear that. Was that what everybody at school had been whispering about? Why hadn't anyone told him?

"I'm sorry, I wouldn't have asked if I'd known."

For what seemed like the first time, he didn't know what to say.

"It's fine," she was smiling, "I wanted you to know, it seemed like you were the only one who wasn't aware. I've never really had friends, so I'm thankful for you. Talking to me, wanting to know me when everyone else looked at me different. 'Why wasn't I mourning? Why I was heartless?' Asking questions that didn't really concern them -"

He pulled her closer, tilting her head back so she could look at him properly. "It's fine, you're alright now."

"I might not show it a lot, but I'm grateful for a lot of things."

"Mhm," he murmured, "things like?"

"You being annoying that first day, and many days since then. Grateful for you."

i'm more than grateful to you guys for putting up with my trashy updates. thank you for the support, babies!