𝑰𝑽

Excuse any mistakes.

❝Everything is nothing if I can't have you

Everything is nothing if I can't have you.

ASHANTI sighed deeply for what felt like the hundredth time that day. Miles - she'd discovered his name the other day - had been making her life miserable.

He'd insisted on sitting besides her during lunch hour, and even carrying her backpack around despite all of her protests.

She'd been getting a lot more stares from people she walked past, and she hated it. Really hated it.

She was glad the day was finally over, so she could retreat to her room, and sleep all of her sorrows away.

Pushing her textbooks back into her locker, she zipped her bag, and began walking towards the large doors.

She smelt him, before she saw him. His scent was something unique, and she hated the fact that she was getting used to it around her.

"Wait up, damn."

She tried to quicken her steps, frowning when he fell into pace with her almost immediately.

'So much for wanting to have my peace and quiet', she thought.

"Want me to walk you home?"

"No," she responded immediately, "and don't you have a car? Take yourself home."

"So you've been watching me then?"

She turned just in time to see the wide smile on his face. He was infuriating, yes, but the boy had the most beautiful smile she'd ever seen.

"I haven't been watching anybody. Leave me alone."

"Well, I still think you have. I mean, you know I have a car, don't you?"

"You drive into school with a different car every morning, it's highly impossible to miss."

"You've definitely been watching me. Don't worry, I really don't mind," he smiled again, "if you haven't noticed, I've been watching you too."

'Hadn't noticed? He was in her face every morning!' she wanted to scream.

"I don't know why you feel so comfortable telling me this. I really don't care if you want to watch me all day long, just don't talk to me, please."

"Why?"

He seemed genuinely confused, but how was she supposed to politely tell him that she didn't want to have anything to do with him?

Instead she retorted, "I don't have to have a reason to not want to talk to you, or anybody in fact."

He shrugged then. He wasn't going to stop trying to get her attention as long as she didn't give him a valid reason not to. "I'm very persistent, you know?" oh, she knew alright, "and I think we'll be very good friends once you stop being mean."

It was as if he hadn't heard a word she'd said. She truly had never met a more annoying person, he took the fucking crown.