𝑿𝑰𝑽

Excuse any mistakes.

❝Let me love you.❞

MILES was in another one of his moods. Ashanti could tell, and she hadn't even spoken to him yet.

"Hey."

He looked up at the sound of her voice, a small smile on his face. "Hey, princess."

Ashanti's cheeks heated up. He'd began calling her the prettiest names lately. It was ‘princess’ today, and ‘sugar’ tomorrow.

"Are you okay?" she asked, placing a hand over his. "You don’t look too good."

“Are you trying to say I look ugly?”

The fact that he was making an effort to ignore her actual question said a lot about the situation.

“I didn't say that,” she rolled her eyes. “I’m not going to feed your ego today, Miles.”

He leaned over the table, a teasing smile on his lips. “So you do think I’m extremely attractive then.”

“Miles,” she didn't want to push him, but she at least wanted him to answer her sincerely. “Are you okay?”

He shrugged, more than ready to avoid the conversation. “I'm okay now that you're here.”

Miles.”

She looked at him like a mother would her child, and he couldn't find it in himself to keep up the act. It was obvious it would take more than a little flirting to make her go off track. “My dad signed the divorce papers last night.”

“Have you thought about what you want to do yet?” She asked, her other hand wrapped around his back, trying to comfort him in the only way she knew to. The fact that were sitting out in the open for everyone to see was the last thing on her mind.

“I have,” he sighed. “It’s just coming at me so fast, you know.”

“This is probably for the best,” she rubbed circles down his back. “We have to trust that everything happens for a reason. It becomes easier to accept things that way.”

“My dad's not the best husband, but he's a great father,” Ashanti could hear the confliction in his voice, “but I can't leave my mother alone, I don’t want to, but I don't know what I'm going to do.”

“Don't rush yourself, baby, the term of endearment left her lips before she could over think it. “You'll make the right choice when the time comes. I'm sure of it.”

He nodded, and she held him closer to her body, struggling with the fact that she couldn't do much else to make him feel better.

And she wanted to, more than anything.

not gonna mess this up, not gonna mess this up, hi :)

this chapter and the next will seem similar to some of you that read it before it was taken down, but it’s slightly edited. still, new chapters are coming soon so dw!

anywho, talk to me in the comments cause i don't have friends, and shamelessly spam your books (if you have any) or any book at all, so i can have new books to read.

till next time, bye babies!