𝑿𝑽

IMPORTANT:
I’ll be changing the name, and the cast of this book! Once it’s done, I’ll let you guys know. Enjoy this update, even though some of you seen it already.

Excuse any mistakes.

❝I don’t really mind cause I like you

❝I don’t really mind cause I like you.❞

Ashanti sighed for the hundredth time.

“You okay?” Her father asked, amusement and maybe a little concern, written all over his features. “You’ve been breathing really loud.”

So he’d noticed. “I’m alright,” she pushed the food around her plate, “school is just hard, you know.”

“You’ve always been a great student, but if you need extra help we can get someone, can’t we?”

She nodded. “I’ll be fine, but I’ll let you know if it becomes too much for me to handle.”

They sat in a somewhat awkward silence for the rest of dinner. They hadn't eaten like this—together—for a while, so she wasn't complaining.

“Besides school, is there anything else I should know about?”

She looked up from her plate, surprised at the unexpected question. “What, is something wrong?”

Her father gave her an incredulous look. “I know you didn't sleep here the night before, Ashanti.”

Her eyes widened, but she briefly registered that he didn't look mad. “And you're not mad?”

Her father hadn't ever been the strict parent, that was more her mother, but she didn't think he'd find the fact that she had spent the night out amusing.

“Should I be?”

She shook her head. “I don't know. He's just my friend, though.”

“I can accept that,” he said, giving her hand a little squeeze. “As long as you're not doing anything you shouldn't be doing, then it’s fine by me. I trust you to make the right decisions.”

Several hours later, Ashanti laid awake in bed thinking of her father’s words. It was nice to hear him say he trusted her. Rebuilding her relationship with him was one of the few things she needed to be truly happy again.

Things had been rough during the divorce, and her relationship with her father had gotten strained. This, having dinner together and talking, was nice. Very nice.

She dug her phone from under her pillow, going to text Miles before she began to rethink her decision.

ashanti
are you awake?

miles
no, why?

ashanti
i had a dream

miles
i got everything i
wanted

ashanti
stupid
why aren't you asleep?
its 3:37am

miles
i know what the time is princess
i’m not sleepy ig
thinking about stuff

ashanti
thinking about?

miles
stuff lmao
you're one nosy little girl

ashanti
and you’re not funny but
you don't hear me complaining
go to bed
we have a test tomorrow
remember?

miles
why’d you have to remind
me?
i can’t fall asleep tho
it’s not like i don't want
to sleep, i just can't

ashanti
my poor baby

miles
no no no
i’m not a baby

ashanti
sure you're not

miles
you're annoying

ashanti
and yet you love me

miles
i won’t lie and say i don’t
your presence is tolerable

ashanti
again, you're not funny

miles
you're the only one who
thinks that, you know

ashanti
yeah, well nobody else really
knows you
they wouldn't like you if they
did

miles
wdym???
i'm amazing, don't lie now

ashanti
you're the only one who thinks so
sorry

miles
you're fucking lying, lemme see
i’m lowkey hurt

ashanti
you're too ugly for all these
tiktok references
but it’s okay
i still like you
it’d be nice if you were cuter
though

miles
you're really hurting me here
i don't like you no more
leaving you on seen
you have a lot of making
up to do tomorrow

ashanti
sorry
*seen*

i'm sorry
*seen*

fuck you bitch
*seen*

She was going to sleep well. She lived for this.

comment new name suggestions, even though i think i have the perfect one.

next chapter will be up as soon as it’s done. online classes are really ruining my life, and i honestly hate professors who think their classes are the only ones students are handling. like, you're doing this for what?

lmk your thoughts on this chapter. till next time, babies!