𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

Excuse any mistakes.

❝In the place where you are, it is always bright

❝In the place where you are, it is always bright.❞

The rest of the ceremony was a blur, and soon after, everyone rushed outside of the hall to be with their families; embracing and taking photos that would help them remember this moment for what would probably be the rest of their lives.

Ashanti found her father almost immediately and it had everything to do with the yellow shirt she'd begged him not to wear earlier that morning. He wore a big smile on his face as he took photos of her with her certificate in hand and the wind blowing the larger than life graduation robe around.

"Taken any good ones yet?"

Her father looked up from the camera with smug smile. "Of course," he turned the camera so she could see the pictures he'd taken. "My photography skills are unmatched, little girl."

She nodded, agreeing with him since the pictures were more than enough evidence. "I'm a big girl now, right?"

He nodded, his brown eyes becoming teary. "You're my big girl," he pulled her into a hug. "You've done so well, and your mother would be so proud." For the first time in a long time, her heart didn't hurt at the mention of her mother. For some reason, she felt happy. Satisfied. Because she knew without a doubt, that his words were the truth. She had made her parents so very proud. "I love you so much, my Ashanti."

"I love you too, daddy," she held him tighter. "Thank you for everything."

She pulled back from his embrace, glancing around the courtyard to see if she'd find any of her friends.

Her father, noticing her movement, smirked. "Your boyfriend’s over there," he teased, the shit eating grin on his face reminding her too much of Jerry. Not surprising, since they'd gotten along too well.

"Stop it," she replied, rolling her eyes to try and hide the embarrassed look on her face. She gave him another hug, before she went on her way to find her friends. She stopped for a brief moment to hug Jeremiah, seeing as his little sister wouldn't let go of him for longer than a minute, and when she began to near Miles she slowed her footsteps. He was in the arms of his parents, who looked happier than they'd been several weeks ago when they had all been introduced. When they released him, he turned, and like always, his eyes found hers immediately.

He gave her a cheeky grin, taking several steps forward until he stood in front of her. His hand reached out, pushing her braids behind her ear, and then he leaned down, delivering a slow, warm kiss to her lips.

"Congrats on graduating, baby," he murmured against her lips, his smile breaking their contact.

"Mhm, thanks," she replied, pulling back so she could see his face. The face of the angel that had been sent to her. "Congrats on graduating, baby." He couldn't help the smile that pulled his cheeks when she repeated the words to him.

"I love you so much," he whispered,  holding his forehead to hers. "I'm so lucky to have met you, you know that?"

"I think I'm the lucky one, because you're an angel," her voice was thick with emotion as she spoke. "From the moment I met you, you've been an angel to me this whole time. I love you, God, I'm so thankful for you."

The words came easily, because they were so very true. They had no idea what the future held for them but somehow, the knowledge that they'd be going into it together made it so much better; they knew that the weight would never be too much because they'd be pulling it together.

Always.

T H E   E N D

this is it, you guys!

it's been one heck of a journey, one that i'm super grateful to have shared with you.

for the longest time, i didn't know if this book would get an ending. this is the first book i've ever finished, and while i'm sad to see my babies go, it feels so good now that it's finished. i cannot thank you guys enough for sticking with me through this. i'm super thankful for every comment, vote and every single click on this little story of mine. you guys are the best, and i love y'all to pieces, no cap.

still, i have so many books that i've been itching to publish. they'll be out soon, seeing as this is done with, so if you enjoyed reading this, you'll definitely want to watch this space! this is the end, but not the end if you know what i mean ;)

this book will  go through a series of changes as soon as my exams are done, because i absolutely love this book and want to see it at its very best and before i forget, the updated face claims for this story is up, so check it out and let me know what you think of the changes.

till next time, babies!