𝑿𝑰

Excuse any mistakes.

❝I pull up to your crib every time I miss you

❝I pull up to your crib every time I miss you.❞

ASHANTI was going to be late.

She had all of ten minutes to get ready, it was unavoidable at this point. She wanted to pin the blame on her father, but she was trying to fault him for a lot less so she wasn't going to. It was still low key his fault, though. He'd cornered her last night, and forced her to open up and talk about her 'feelings'. She had planned to do that in her own time, but her father wasn't a very patient man.

She'd spent all night thinking about everything they'd talked about, and now she was late. Her day was already off to a bad start.

"You need me to drop you off?" Her father asked, his head the only visible part of his body she could see.

She wasn't even sure she still wanted to attend her classes today. "Do you mind if I skip today?"

He looked like he wanted to say something, but he shook his head instead. "It's fine, get all the rest you need. I'm off to work now, though."

She nodded, muttering a half assed goodbye to him. This was going to be a long day.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Why didn't you tell me you wouldn't come to school today?" Miles asked, shutting the door to Ashanti's room louder than he should have, "I was so lonely, bro."

She rolled her eyes. "You have the boys, and I'm not your bro."

'Bro?' She thought, 'was he bro-zoning her now?'

"The 'boys' aren't as fun as you are." He responded, making himself comfortable besides her. Her bed was large enough that they didn't have to touch, but somehow, they were glued together.

"It's hot, Miles," she pushed him, "moooove, bro."

The look he gave her made Ashanti laugh. "I'm not your bro, little girl."

"Shut up. You said it first, remember?"

"I didn't mean it like that, but it sounds like you did," He defended, his bottom lip poking out in the lost attractive way possible, "it's not like you have any brotherly features to begin with."

The last part was said so low, she almost didn't hear him. "Are you trying to say I'm girly?"

He sighed. "No, I'm saying you're beautiful. So beautiful, it drives me crazy."

"You can't be serious."

He sat up, his stare too intense for her to hold. "Do I look like I'm joking?"

"Well, no, but-" She stopped to take a deep breath.

"I like you," did he not see her panicking over here?! "like, really like you."

"Give me a minute."

Miles smiled, watching her try to calm down. She was too cute.

"Do you need water or something?"

"No, but like, can you kiss me now?"

for some reason, this chapter was sooooo difficult to complete. share your thoughts, i love reading the comments!

alsoooo, I went ahead to publish a new book (i shouldn't have, i know), but check it out and lmk what you think (it's called 'strange love'). btw, how's quarantining for you guys? i'm bored out of my mind!

But till next time, babies!