𝑿𝑽𝑰

Excuse any mistakes.

❝Make love your goal

❝Make love your goal.❞

ASHANTI found it funny that Miles was playing hard to get.

"Are you really not going to talk to me today?" She asked, laughing when he rolled his eyes.

"Not just today, but for the rest of our lives," he struggled to not smile. "It's called silent treatment for a reason, love."

She took a handful of fries from his lunch. "It's not silent treatment if you're talking to me, you know."

"I'm special," he had his infamous smirk on his face, "I can do it however I want."

Zero doubts, he really was one special specimen.

"Yeah, nobody else thinks that, sir."

He glared. "Start that back up and watch what I do."

"I might've heard wrong, but did you just threaten me?" She asked, a playful smile on her lips.

Jeremiah slammed his hand against the table, effectively getting their attention. "You two make me want to puke," he commented, "this is honestly the most disgusting thing I've ever been subjected to."

"Jealousy doesn't look very good on you," Miles said, entwining their hands and holding it up for Jeremiah to see. "How can you be disgusted by this?"

"Mhm," Ashanti agreed, leaning over the table to plant a loud kiss on Miles's cheek. "It's okay to be a little jelly, Jerry."

Miles laughed, amazed at how free Ashanti was being around Jeremiah. Usually it was just him doing the talking whenever the three of them had lunch together; this was great improvement.

"You both make me sick," he fake gagged, "ewww."

The rest of their lunch break went by quickly; Jeremiah never missing the chance to throw jabs at them every thirty seconds.

"How did your test go?"

Literature was Miles's least favorite subject, but Ashanti was one great tutor. She'd be even better when she eventually achieved her dreams of being a high school teacher, Miles was sure of it.

"Not bad at all," he turned to her for a brief second. "Your boy got a seventy eight."

"Look at you," she baby talked him knowing how much it got on his nerves. "My baby's come a long way from all those tens."

Miles laughed. "Now you and I know damn well I wasn't ever that bad," his hand left the steering wheel to flick her forehead, "keep talking all that nonsense, and I'll drop you off on this street."

They were still ten minutes away from her home, but Ashanti knew Miles wouldn't dare. "You're the one talking all the nonsense here, if you ask me."

"That's why I didn't, little girl."

Ashanti rolled her eyes. "I'm not even short," it wasn't like his 6 foot height was all that impressive. "I'm a good 5'5, you know."

"That's exactly why you should keep quiet when the adults are speaking."

"Haha," Ashanti mocked. "You think you're so funny, but you're really not."

"Again," he let out a loud sigh, much like he was tired of telling her the same thing. "You're the only one who thinks different."

Ashanti laughed, truly grateful that he was taking her mind off everything else. He had a way of making her happy without consciously meaning to. They'd be writing their finals soon, and while she couldn't wait to be done with high school, she was scared that she'd fuck everything up. She was a smart girl, but what if she got nervous and messed everything up?

"I can literally see the wheels spinning in your head," he reached over the console to hold her hand in his. "Calm down," he said, planting a small kiss on the hand he held.

"Okay, daddy Miles."

His corner of his lip twitched. "I thought I was baby Miles."

"You're neither," Ashanti responded, pulling her hand away from his.

"Let me take you somewhere this weekend."

Ashanti turned, surprise visible in her features. "Are you asking or telling?"

"I'm telling you to clear your schedule for Saturday, but you didn't even have one, did you?"

"You're not funny, Miles."

He didn't respond, and they drove the rest of the way in silence, smiles on their lips.

this book is coming to an end guysss. i'm estimating about five chapters, or less, till it's over.

i love to read all the comments, so please leave your thoughts down below (lmk how much you like or hate the new name & cover). wattpad isn't letting me add pictures, so i'll come back to this later.

thanks for reading, till next time!