𝑽𝑰

Excuse any mistakes.

❝With you, I'm alive

With you, I'm alive.

MILES pulled the airpods out of his ears, as Ashanti walked towards him. He never thought he'd see the day Ashanti would approach him first. He was happy, and the smile on his face was more than enough indication.

"You okay?" He asked, when she finally halted a few steps away from him.

She nodded, "yeah. I'm just not used to all this, I guess."

It didn't take him long to understand what she meant. The hallway was flooded with annoying children who couldn't keep their eyes to themselves. He wasn't one to ever get anxious, but with the piercing stares they were both receiving at the moment, he certainly did.

"I understand. You'll be fine in no time, trust me."

She nodded, because she actually did. She was beginning to trust the boy that stood before her, beautiful both within and out.

"Need help with those books?" He asked, pointing towards the stack of books she held in her arms.

She shook her head 'no', not surprised when he disregarded her and took the books out of her arms.

They walked to class together in a silence that was surprisingly comfortable. The seat she usually sat on was unoccupied, but the one besides it wasn't. She settled down, while Miles took the seat behind hers.

The class had gone silent the moment they'd entered, and it didn't take a genius to figure out what was probably going through the minds of virtually everyone.

Her thoughts came to a stop when she felt the vibration of her phone in the front pocket of her jeans. She pulled it out, a little smile on her face as his name flashed across her screen. He'd saved his name with multiple hearts, but she hadn't had the energy to argue with him so she'd let it be.

She opened the message, already knowing it wouldn't be anything serious.

miles
wanna go somewhere?

ashanti
no

miles
damn, not even if i
say please?

ashanti
already trying to make me
ditch school? not cool sir

miles
we'll be back before
you know it.

ashanti
noooo

miles
wow, you're so mean
to me

ashanti

it's what i do for fun

miles
i don't like you very
much right now

ashanti
that's only because you're
a big baby
*seen*

He didn't reply to the last message she sent, using his foot to kick the back of her chair so hard she almost toppled over. Almost. She definitely would've skinned him alive if she'd fallen.

She subtly showed him her middle finger, fighting a smile when he laughed louder than he was supposed to. The teacher standing in front simply gave him a warning look, before continuing his topic for the day.

"You really won't go with me?" Miles continued the minute they stepped out of the class

He was persistent, but wasn't that the reason she'd eventually became his friend?

"I can't leave school, Miles."

He smiled, "after then?"

"I have work today," she sent him an apologetic look.

"I didn't know about that," he replied, "want me to drive you after school?"

She'd refused the last time he'd asked, but what could harm could that possibly cause?

"Sure, as long as you don't drive like a maniac."

"Why would I try to kill you when our wedding date hasn't even been fixed yet?"

She couldn't help the laughter than tumbled out of her mouth. He was hilarious.

"You're crazy, you know?"

"Yeah," he did a little wink that had her questioning her sanity, "crazy about you."

A little chapter for all my lovelies because it was my birthday yesterday and y'all deserve it. Thank you for reading babies!