17.

The kiss became severe with passion, raw without the boundary of politeness and self consciousness. Maxie's hands made their way freely down Oscar. He felt the hard muscle beneath the other male's t-shirt and his fingers found their way under the fabric. He'd thought about what it would be like to touch him but those hazy day dreams barely compared to the real thing.

Oscar groaned softly against his mouth in response to the contact and Maxie's fingers spread, exploring and roaming beneath his shirt, desperate for more to touch.

Their mouths parted for breath but their bodies remained joined, rubbing against each other, conjuring a delicious feeling between their pants.

Oscar dipped his head in and kissed Maxie again but this time he caught his bottom lip between his teeth and bit.

It was something no one had ever done to him. The mix of aggression and sex was a combination that was too intimidating of a line to cross but with this simple act Oscar was tempting him, showing him what more fun there was to be had.

Buzz. He felt vibration against his thigh.

The pressure of Oscar's hips against his own loosened but he didn't dare let the other take too many steps back away.

He fumbled for his phone.

Maxie was barely able to read the name on his screen, shaken and left in a crazy daze.

"H-hello," he stammered, struggling to gain composure. He still felt the sting of Oscar's bite on his lips and he brought his finger to it, soothing it. He liked it.

"The door's locked... I... uh..."

"Mum?" His focus sharpened. He could recognize the loose and lazy sound of his mother's voice. Many times had he had to sort out her messes, look after her once she'd wrecked herself to the point that she was barely conscious.

"I can't find the stupid keys," she said, her voice sounding distant but louder this time, like it was echoing down the street on her end. Her breath drew closer now, sending chills into his ear down the phone. "You've taken it, haven't you? You're punishing me for this stupid shit! You're ungrateful."

Maxie turned away. He was embarrassed. The high intensity of his emotions were fusing with the feelings of guilt and the product of all this unpleasantry that his mother conjured made him feel nauseous.

"Mum, I haven't come home. I'm not there, I haven't done anything."

"Let me in! For fuck's sake!" She screamed down the phone. Whatever he was saying was being unheard. So many times had his voice been invisible. When she was in a state like this no one could convince her of anything other than how she perceived things and she could not trust her own mind because it was so warped by all the shit she put in her body.

His legs trembled a little bit. He leaned against the door.

Maxie knew Oscar could hear everything on his mother's end of the phone. She was so loud now.

"Mum, stop."

He wanted to just hang up but every single time this happened, it made it harder. What if she hurt herself? What if by ignoring her, he was responsible for any consequences that might happen if he didn't intervene?

He felt a sudden sense of warmth, like a blanket protecting him from his mother's wrath over the phone.

Arms snaked around him. They didn't hold him tight, nor did they squeeze very much at all. They merely lingered softly and comfortably. Oscar was close again, his face remaining close to Maxie's neck. He planted small kisses on the exposed skin between the edge of his jaw and his shirt.