30.

They eventually made it over to the bed and it was hard to keep their hands of each other, even if it was just for sweet and simple affection.

Oscar snuggled into Maxie's side, resting his head on his chest. They were watching their show on a laptop placed on Oscar's chair by the bed as he didn't have a TV in his bedroom. Maxie was surprised when a student's accommodation could afford one TV, let alone multiple.

He looked down at the other. The blonde boy's anger and energy had been spent on him and now he looked sleepy and tired. Maxie stroked the Oscar's head, playing with his hair a little.

"You tired?"

"Mhm," was Oscar's muffled response. "But I won't be able to sleep."

"Why not?"

"You're here."

A smile crept onto Maxie's expression by surprise.

"What made you come over?" Oscar said after a few minutes.

"Did what we just did not establish that an hour ago?" Maxie teased.

He felt Oscar smirk against him but the boy shifted until he lay on his front so that he could look up at him. "I mean... what changed your mind. About us. You weren't exactly feeling it a few hours ago. Or you were but I think you were having a... uh... moral dilemma."

Maxie shrugged and his face dimmed. "I..."

He didn't know how to say it. Everything that had happened put him on this high, keeping him happy for hours and blocking the rest of the world and his problems. They were coming back in now.

"What is it?" Oscar tried.

"I had a fight. Not a fight fight... okay, maybe it was. Olivia cornered me about something and I couldn't take it. I was mad at her and everything and I just needed to get this out of my system."

Oscar sat up. "What did she say?"

Maxie did too. "Are you okay with me talking about this to you?"

"I care about you. If you've done something wrong, that won't change anything. Just tell me."

"I meant are you okay with me talking about Olivia...?"

Oscar's gaze dropped but he nodded.

"She called me out on lying about... Well, technically I didn't lie. Emmett told her that about you coming out to me before you told her."

Oscar's eyes widened now and there was strength back in his body. He was awake again. "What? Why?"

"I don't know. I guess as leverage so she would believe him over me."

"Believe him about what?"

Oscar didn't know what happened.

He didn't know whether opening up about this to everyone was good, especially since Chloe and Daisy seemed to have an initially strong reaction. He hadn't realized how serious the issue was until then. Or even that it was an issue. But it was the truth. That was what happened. He couldn't just save Emmett the embarrassment, especially not now that he was actively working towards him.

"Wait- did this have something to do with what my band mate was saying earlier?"

Maxie was thrown a curve ball. "What?"

"I wasn't going to tell you because I didn't want to upset you but... he mentioned something about you being desperate and throwing yourself at guys."

It pained him to hear that that was someone's opinion of him. Perhaps his encounter with Adrian hadn't exactly helped his image but still. Was he desperate for just one kiss? Was that so bad of an offense?