19.

Maxie's morals were conflicted. Olivia had technically not done anything to him personally, aside from their argument. On the other hand whether or not they were friends, they still lived together and it was wrong of him to cross that boundary with Oscar.

He'd done a bad thing.

Since they'd already taken a few steps over the line it was hard not to think about it. What had been a very small crush based on physical attraction was turning into lust. Maybe he would get over it but being around the guy was hard.

He wanted to get a second opinion. No one was here and besides, it wasn't as if he could trust anyone yet anyway. Daisy was incredibly kind but they hadn't crossed the personal boundary, plus it made sense that she'd have loyalty to the friends she met earlier. He needed to respect that. Chloe too. He felt maybe he could trust Chloe even less than Daisy. Emmett was a hard pass.

He'd tried to push their encounter out of his mind but it filled him with frustration. Emmett had lashed out at him because he refused to kiss him and whatever else he was expecting to get. He was constantly claiming he hooked up with guys so it wasn't as if he needed Maxie on the list too, especially considering where he stood with Olivia. Perhaps it was the drinking but whatever reason he wouldn't be able to justify it.

Gwen.

They'd been texting quite a bit. She was complaining about her family having a freak out over the Christmas events, making it more of a bother than a celebration. He'd offered her a facetime. After all, he had a day to kill and he was bored of being productive and catching up on the assigned reading.

[Text: Gwen] Sure, let me make an excuse to get out of folding napskins (don't ask me why we need so many for a table of 8)

Minutes later Gwen was on the other side of his phone. She looked so young without her makeup on. She looked quite cute and the mere presence of her face made a smile grow upon his own face.

"Why are you so smiley?" She asked.

"Because I feels like ages since I've seen you."

"Its been a week, calm down."

"Yeah well, it feels like a lot longer when you're stuck in a house on your own. Well, mostly alone."

"Mostly alone? You been out on the town at all? Knew you'd turn into a party man at one point. The freak comes out to play when the housemates are away."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not that bad."

"Mum! I'm on the phone! I'll be down in a second! What?" There was a pause. "What, Mum- You know what, I give up, back to you. What have you been up to?"

His cheeks warmed at the mere memory of the previous night. "I've been hanging out with a guy."

There was a lot of excited cooing from the phone and it made him cringe. "Its not like that," he said. "Well, not really... I don't know. I want to get your opinion. I just... I won't take long, I promise."

"Take as long as you want. Have a therapy session. Anything to get me out of doing this."

Maxie smirked. "Your family sound sweet."

"Yeah, my mum's cute to an outsider but a nightmare really."

Maxie thought he would have loved a mother like that. A mother who cared too much and made a big deal out of making memories and having a good, strong family. A support system.

"Come on, you've got my attention now," Gwen encouraged.

Maxie sighed. "Okay so... Oscar. He's a guy- you saw him when we went for coffee, the blonde one. He and I have been friends. Getting to know each other. And... stuff happened last night."