18.

That wasn't how that was supposed to go.

Oscar was asleep beside Maxie. He was shirtless, back facing him. The tan skin, the toned muscles, the small freckles scattered here and there. Everything about the guy was perfect. Well, maybe not perfect but who he had been tonight was exactly what he needed. This was exactly what he'd needed.

And then he'd gone and chickened out.

He couldn't sleep. He was over thinking too much.

He'd said it was okay, Maxie told himself. He isn't mad at your or disappointed.

Except he probably was. He'd lied and said it was simply because he had no condoms. He wanted to be safe and he refused to do it any other way but it was more than that. He wasn't that good at lying. He'd worked himself up in his head. About it hurting. About not feeling too ready. In the heat of the moment he'd seen no problems. He thought it would all go as easy and smooth as how porn made it look but after having not been physical with anyone in so long it all changed. It didn't come so easy to his body.

Besides, he'd never actually bottomed before.

And that was what Oscar wanted.

Oscar had been sweet about it. He recognized how worked up he was getting and he stopped him, cupping his face in his hands. He pecked his lips and smiled sweetly at him but that was when the kissing ended and they went back to how they were before. Just hanging out.

Watching him sleep was weird and once he was fully aware of how awake he was now, he found it hard to remain still. He bit the bullet and made it out of bed, then out of the room. He let out a sigh of relief once he neared the door.

"Leaving so soon?"

"Shit," Maxie muttered to himself, turning around.

Oscar was lying on his side, his eyes sleepy and smile lazily adorable. "If this wasn't your house I'd assume you were making a break for it."

"You caught me."

Oscar's smile graduated to a bright grin. He looked so good. "Not even gonna' give me a good morning kiss?"

Maxie scoffed and rolled his eyes, but it was tempting.

Oscar got out of bed, exposing all of them. Well, except for what his underwear was covering. He slowly made his way over to Maxie, a mischievous look in his eye. He stopped in front of him and leaned into his ear.

"Do you want a cup of tea?"

Maxie let out his breath. "Only if you're making it. I need to pee and I've been holding it in for an hour because I was too scared to wake you."

☼ ☼ ☼

Maxie sat on the kitchen counter stool, opposite to Oscar. "So..."

"So what?" Oscar said casually before feeding himself a spoon of cereal.

"We... got up to some stuff last night."

Oscar stopped mid crunch. He didn't say anything, just made a slight nod as if to gesture to go on.

"Probably wasn't the best idea, anyway." Maxie didn't know where he was going with this, he just didn't like the thought of not addressing it at all. His mind would go crazy.

Besides, if their month of knowing each other proved anything, it was that honesty was the best policy. Things that get pent up always end up coming out, just not in the way you want them to.

Oscar swallowed and put his spoon down. "Was it not okay? Good for you? Well- I mean, we didn't really..."

"Finish what we started," Maxie suggested.