The Dinner

Alex is already out of her mind deciding what to wear. Her sister, Catharine, noticed her.

            “Alex? Why are you panicking?” Cat asked.

            “Cat, the lightning thief director just invited me to dinner along with the other cast. I need to look presentable. I really don’t know what to wear.” Alex said then she picked up a blue dress. “What do you think about this one?” Alex asked.

“Hmm..nope. I don’t think so.” Cat said. “Why don’t you try that black dress? I think it fits you so good.”

“Are you sure? Okay. I’ll wear it.” Alex said.

“Wait, aren’t you going to try it first? See if you like it or not?” Cat asked.

“I have no time besides this suggestion came from my favorite sister, Catharine Daddario.” Alex said smiling then went to the dressing room to change.

“Come on, Alex, I’m your only sister.” Catharine joked.

After ten minutes, Alex got out of the room. “So, Cat, what do you think?”

“Oh my, Alex! You’re so beautiful! Well, you are, as always. Haha!” Cat said

“I’m really nervous. Maybe I’ll take a cab to go there.” Alex said.

“Are you sure? I can ask mom to drive for you.” Cat said.

“No. I can manage. No need to worry.” Alex said.

So Alex went downstairs to say goodbye to her mom. “Bye mom. Tell dad I’m out. I love you.” Then she kissed her mother’s cheek and say goodbye to Cat. “Bye Catharine, I love you.”

When she reached the SD26 Restaurant & Wine Bar (their meeting place), she saw Chris Columbus with a guy. She entered the resto and went straight to their table.

“Chris?” Alex said.

“Alex! Glad you came. Please take a seat.” Chris said. “Oh before I forgot, I would like to introduce to you your co-star. Alex this is Logan Lerman. Logan this is Alexandra Daddario.”

“Hi Alexandra.” Logan said as they shake hands.

“Hi Logan and please just call me Alex.” Alex said.

“Okay, Alex.” Logan said with a smile.

“So Chris, where are the others?” Alex asked.

“Well, they all called me a while ago saying they can’t make it. Some emergency calls. I also thought that you’re not going to make it. Before you came, I actually told Logan that I think it will be a date for both of us. Hahaha!” Chris said.

“Well, Alex saved me.” joked Logan.

The three of them chatted and chatted until they noticed that it’s already 10:30 in the evening. They decided to part ways.

“So I’ll go ahead. I need to attend a meeting tomorrow morning. By the way, Alex, do you have any car or will someone going to pick you up?” Chris said.

“Uhm, no. I don’t have a car with me and I don’t think someone’s going to pick me up. I’ll take a cab. Don’t worry.” Alex assured Chris.

“Well, I can’t let you go home alone. It’s late. Logan, you have your car with you, right? Why don’t you drive her home?” Chris asked Logan.

“Uhm, yeah, sure, no problem. Of course, if that’s okay with Alex.” Logan said looking at Alex.

“Okay, if you guys insist.” Alex said with a smile.

Logan opened the car door for her and immediately drives her home. When they reached her home…

“Thanks Logan for driving me home. I also had a great time.” Alex said.

“Yeah, no problem. So I’ll see you in a week?” Logan said.

“Yeah. Of course. We’ll definitely meet there.” She got out of the car. “Oh Logan, drive safely, okay?” Alex said.

“Okay, thanks for the reminder. Bye.” Logan said and leave.

--i really want to start this story with a friendship. Every relationship needs a foundation, guys!!--