The L's

Logan woke up the next day. He was on Jake’s bed but Alex is not around.

            “What happened?” he asked himself. “Alex?” no one answered. There’s no sign of her in every corner of the room.

            “Oh no. What happened last night was just a dream. Maybe I was dead drunk.” He said. He went downstairs. He heard some people talking and laughing. He went to the back portion of the house. He saw Jake, Allie and Alex having a cup of coffee together.

            “Alex?” Logan said.

            Alex turned and she smiled at him. She gave him a morning hug and a morning kiss. Logan was shocked. Alex noticed this.

            “Hey, everything okay?” she asked.

            “Y-Yeah. I mean, last night is not a dream. What happened between us is real? You’re my girlfriend now? I’m not just hallucinating?” he asked.

            “Seriously, Logan?” Alex said then chuckled. “You really don’t remember?”

            “All I remember is we talked about everything between us. We slept together but then I woke up and there’s no sign of you. So, I assumed that I was just drunk and all of it was an illusion. But now, you’re here. It means, all of it was real.” He said then smiled.

            “Yes. It’s real. I’m sorry if I left you. Allie called and asked me if it’s okay for them to come back. And then I said yes. I don’t want to wake you. So we just had a coffee here instead.” Alex said.

            “Congratulations, Logan. Finally! Hahaha!” Jake said.

            “We’re very happy for both of you.” Allie said.

            “Thank you.” Logan and Alex said.

            “Hey, remember what I told you last night? I’m going to introduce you to my family.” Logan said.

            “Yeah. I remember. Are we going now?” Alex said.

            “If you don’t mind. I’m really excited to introduce as my girlfriend.” Logan said.

            Alex blushed a little and said, “okay”.

            “Jake and Allie, thank you very much for your help. We owe you a lot.” Logan said.

            “You don’t owe us anything. Just keep her happy and that’s it.” Jake said.

            “Don’t worry, bro, I got her.” Logan said then winked at Alex. Alex laughed.

            “So we’ll go ahead. Thanks again” Logan said then they went to Logan’s car.

            Logan was about to start the engine when someone called Alex.

RIIING…RIIING…RIIING…

            “Oh. It’s Cat. They must be really worried.” Alex said then answered the phone.

            “Hey, Catharine. I’m sorry I didn’t call.” Alex said.

            Logan can hear Cat’s voice. She said to Alex, ‘what happened to you?’.

            “Don’t worry, I’m okay. in fact, I’m with Logan,” then looked at him, ”I’m okay.”

            ‘ooooh. You’re with Logan. That explains it. I think I know why you did not call back.’ Cat said. Logan laughed a little.