The Best Night Ever

It’s been a week since Logan confessed his feelings to Alex. She’s back on their house in New York City. He’s not calling or texting her. Alex got worried. Every night she’s crying before she sleeps. Cat doesn’t know what’s happening and she can’t bear to hear her sister crying like that. Even Matthew hears it, too. Only their parents don’t know about it. So, Matt and Cat decided to talk to her.

            “Hey, Alex” Cat said.

            “What do you want?” Alex said.

            “Mom and Dad are not around. You can tell us what’s wrong with you. Just so you know, we’ve been hearing you cry ever since you came back from LA. Something happened?” Matt asked.

            “It’s nothing. Nothing to be worried about.” Alex lied.

            “Come on, Alex. We’re your siblings. We hate to see you like this.” Cat said.

            “Yeah…come on. Tell us. You can trust us. We’re family.” Matt said.

            Alex got annoyed so she yelled, “YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT MY PROBLEM IS? OKAY. I TURNED LOGAN DOWN!” she said then cried so loud.

            “You turned him down. Then why are you crying? It’s your choice, isn’t it?” Matt said.

            “I love him, Matt. I love him so much that it really hurts.” Alex said.

            “You love him. Why did you do that?” Cat asked.

            “Because it’s not right. Logan and me together. What will other people say? “ Alex said.

            “You know what? You really should fight for the one you love. I really don’t know him that much but if you truly love him then go. Do it.” Matt said.

            “You know what? I know that Logan loves you. He told me. He’s willing to give up everything for you. You should talk to him. Say that you love him before it’s too late.” Cat said.

            “I don’t know how.” Alex said.

            “Why don’t you talk to Jake? He might help you. You’ve been asking for his advices lately, right? Cat said.

            “Yeah right. I’ll talk to him tomorrow.” Alex said.

            The next day, Alex went to Jake’s house. Allie opened the door.

            “Alex! What brings you here? And what happened? It looks like you cried all night.” Allie said.

            “Well, kind of. Are you with Jake?” Alex asked.

            “Yes. He’s here. Come in.” Allie said then they went inside. “Babe, Alex’s here.”

            “Hey, Alex. What’s up?” Jake said.

            “Logan said it.” Alex said.

            “Said what?” Jake asked.

            “”He said he loves me.” Alex said.

            “Really? Well that’s good. What did you say?” he said.

            “I turned him down.” She said then started to cry.

            “What?! Are you insane? Sorry, but…why? I thought you love him?” he said.