The Plan

Today is the day when they are already packing up. Everyone is being so emotional. Obviously, they’re going to miss each other.

            “Okay, guys, it’s a wrap!” Chris said. “I really had so much fun working with all of you. You were all great. Good job, guys. I’ll never forget this.”

            They all hugged each other as they say goodbye to their cast mates. Logan, on the other hand, went to Alex.

            “Hey.” Logan said.

            “Hey, are you feeling better?” Alex said.

            “Yeah. Thanks for the medicine.” Logan said. “Listen, Alex, uhm, I just want to say thank you.”

            “Thank you for what?” Alex said.

            “Thank you for being a good friend. For being here, with me.” Logan said with a smile.

            “You know, you’re stealing my line. I should be the one saying that. I should thank you. You really look after me. You’re also a nice friend.” Alex said then gave him a quick hug.

            “I-It’s nothing. I just hope this will not be the last time that we will see each other?” Logan said.

            “Well, yeah, of course. Okay, give me your phone.” Alex said.

            “What? Why?” Logan asked.

            “Just give me. I’m going to return it to you. Don’t worry.” Alex said, handing out her hand.

            “Okay.” Logan said then gave her his phone.

            Alex typed something. “Okay, here. I saved my phone number there. You can call me anytime. And I know that you know my address already. So that way, you’ll stop being dramatic. Haha.” Alex said.

            Logan felt nervous. “M-Me? Dramatic? I-Is that a b-bad thing?” Logan said.

            “No. No. Actually you’re cute. Oh, I’m sorry but I have to call my mom. I need to tell her I’m coming home. See you.” Alex said then leave.

            “Okay, see you.” Logan said.

            They are already in their respective homes and Logan, even though he’s tired, can’t really fall asleep. He’s thinking about Alex too much.

            It’s been a month since they last talked and see each other. Logan can’t call Alex because he’s too shy. He really misses her a lot.

            Logan was lying on his bed while playing video game when he suddenly thought of something. He stopped playing and he thought about his idea. It really made him smile.

            He opened his phone to call Jake. He waited until Jake answered.

            “Hello?” Jake said.

            “Hey, Jake. We need to talk. I need your advice.” Logan said.

            “Okay, let’s meet at Starbucks.” Jake said then turned off his phone.

            Logan immediately got up his bed and changed his clothes. He was about to leave when his mother, Lisa, saw him.

            “Ehem, Mr. Logan Lerman, where are you going?” his mom asked.

            “Oh, mom, I’m sorry, I’m going to meet Jake, my former cast mate there at Starbucks. Mom, I’m really sorry but I’m really in a hurry. Bye mom, I love you.” Logan said then kissed her mom.

            Logan went there and of course, he is early. He waited for almost 30 minutes and finally Jake came at last.

            “Jake! Thank God! Why it took you so long to get here?” Logan said, a little bit irritated.

            “Hey, I’m sorry. Allie came and she asked me to drive for her. You know I can’t say no to her.” Jake explained.

            “Oh, okay. I’m sorry. It’s just…I have this plan. It’s about Alex.” Logan said and he’s so excited about it.

            “Okay, tell me about it.” Jake said while signaling the waitress to come over.

            “Okay, so I thought of inviting her to watch a movie with me. I’ll just get to know her first. I need to know the things she likes. That’s great, isn’t it?” Logan said, smiling.

            “Sir, may I take your order?” the waitress said.

            “Uhm, just a Caramel Macchiato.” Jake said.

            “How about you, sir?” asked the waitress to Logan.

            “No, I’m good. Thanks.” Logan said and he asked Jake, “So? What do you think?”

            The waitress left and Jake said, “Seriously, Logan, you just thought about it? Tell me, when’s the last time you speak to her?

            “Uhm, back in Vancouver, before we left.” Logan said.

            “What?! Logan, you have her phone number and you didn’t even call her?!” Jake said, shocked.

            “Well, what can I do? I’m shy. I don’t know what to say.” Logan said.

            “You know what? You’re wasting all of your chances. I really thought you two are always talking over the phone.” Jake said.

            “I just can’t. I stammer every time she talks to me.” Logan said.

            The waitress came and gives Jake’s order. “Have a nice day!” the waitress said then leaves.

            “Well, you can’t say that now. You really need to act. Alex is very beautiful. Anyone can fall in love with her.” Jake said.

            “Even you?” Logan asked.

            “Logan? Are you trying to piss me off?” Jake said.

            “Sorry, Jake. You’re too serious, man!” Logan said.

            “You need to be serious, Logan. This is Alex. If you really want to have a relationship with her, then be serious. This is not a game. You said you love her, right?” Jake said.

            “Yeah. I love her. Okay, I’m sorry. I’ll be serious this time. So, when should I call her?” Logan asked.

            “Call her next year, Logan. Of course, you should call her now.” Jake said.

            “What? Like…right now?” Logan said.

            “Why? Don’t tell me you’re scared?” Jake said.

            “Of course not! I’ll call her later. I don’t want you to hear our conversation.” Logan said while grinning.

            “Okay, I’ll leave that to you then.” Jake said and they talked about other things, too.