Chapter 14: Dane

Two months down the line...
Friday, 6:42 P.M

I don't wanna see Jenalyn, but I know the moment I walk through my front door- she's gonna be there. She's gonna be there because I demanded she be after having went to the highschool and I found her with that guy. Something just told me...

Its a lose-lose situation. It always is with her anymore, ever since the weekend we brought Evelyn. I just... don't wanna do it today. I don't wanna do it any day, but I swear this girl is just trying to test my patience.

I swing open my door and find her sitting too comfortably on my couch, only growing anxious when she realizes it's me storming through the door. 

"He was only helping me with my submission for the contes-" she's already trying to explain as I close in the space between us with a quickness I really have to work at. The truth is, I'm drained. The rage boiling in my blood, the pain in my chest because for some fucked up reason, I love this girl... fighting them both just drains me.

"I really don't wanna hear it, Lil Bit." I sigh, pulling her head to mine to lay a very flat and almost zombie-like kiss on her cold forehead. When I push her away, her mouth stays agape but she doesnt say anything.

"Have Rob give you a ride home... I'm not doing it anymore. You win, do whatever you want." I say as I walk to the kitchen to grab a beer, barely surprised when I see that my coke stash lay broken into on the kitchen table. Ev is staying with a long time girl of mine until she's ready for appointments, so I know it wasn't her- I still I can't find it in myself to care.

"I thought I sent a text asking if I could-" again, she goes on with the excuses- but I cut her off again before taking a long swig of my beer and heading back to the couch.

"It's cool. Go." I say, waiting for her to turn around on her heel and walk out of my door. To walk out of my life- because I'm giving her that opportunity.

But she stays... because she always. Fucking. Stays.

My chest wants me to be happy, but my blood wants to boil throughout my veins because it's like she tortures me on purpose.

And so we go through this cycle again.