Chapter 96: Rob

Sunday, 8:49 P.M.

I'm a fucking idiot. 

Why am I such a God damned idiot?

I glance at my phone again, making sure I'm on the right route to the location Jena had sent me before I had her turn her phone off. 

I don't know why I'm fucking doing this though... I should really call Dane.

I should just call him, and tell him what's going on... Remind her that I work for him, ya know?

I tried. I tried, and in the end I just couldn't bring myself to leave her alone when she needed my help. I mean, based off of her location- she's on some pretty mean streets in the deeper parts of the city. He shouldn't have left her there like that...

And you shouldnt be the one to deliver her back to him.. I still can't help the voice in my head from scolding me.

It's right... What the hell am I doing? And why can't I bring myself to stop doing it, knowing it's wrong?

I turn off of the highway, my foot heavy on the pedal as I rush to save Dane's fucking girlfriend like a God damned idiot. 

I unlock my phone again, my mind moving a mile a minute as thoughts so conflicting I can literally feel my hands tremble rush through my mind. 

I can't take her back to Creekside. There are too many of Dane's goons there for someone not to catch her getting out of my truck, and telling him about it.

I'll have to get her in a room for the night so she can figure something out in the morning, I guess. I'll even leave her with some cash tonight so she can arrange transportation for tomorrow.

I'll take the fall when Dane's wad comes up short. That's the best I can do.