Chapter 3

Chapter Three| Ocean Eyes

"Look at him, just fine as can be

"Look at him, just fine as can be. Absolutely scrumptious if you ask me."

My eyes follow Jori's finger to see a stereotypical surfer looking dude. Shaggy blonde hair, swim trunks. Those two paired together just give off a 'surfs up dude' vibe or rather 'surfs up bro' bro most definitely. Not hating on him or anything but he's just not as fine as Jori may think. Her taste in men sometimes would make anyone gag.

"Ew." I express averting my attention elsewhere. Jori roll her eyes at me so I pretend to gag.

"Okay well what about him?" She inquires pointing to another boy. He looks to be just Jori's type. Muscular build, tan skin, black curly hair. Blue eyes maybe even green. Since we're so far away they might just be blue.

"He's alright looking." I shrug, not really interested in the way he looks. Well i'm not interested in boys actually. So that makes up for me not being interested, in being the wing man.

"Well what about her she's gorgeous." Jori exclaims in awe, my eyes slowly look over to where the girl is standing at a surf shop. Wow she is beautiful. Stunning actually, she looks like a goddess. The sun is hitting her face in all the right places. I almost forget to blink while looking at her.

I was staring absentmindedly for so long, I hadn't even noticed she was returning my gaze. I quickly look away, my cheeks heating up. I still find my eyes drifting to her once again, her captivating ocean blue eyes catching mine. I almost don't want to look away, but I do. I probably seem super weird just staring at her. If I was her, I'd be weirded out. Some teenager staring at me from afar. That's enough to make anyone shiver, right?

She turns back around and continues folding the few clothing items on the outside display. Her curly blonde hair pulled up into a bun high on her head. Revealing a freshly shaved undercut. With a nice little design.

I continue to blindly walk down the board walk until I accidentally bump into someones hard chest. Silly me, not paying attention to where I'm going.

"Oh! , i'm so sorry. I should've been paying attention to where I was walking." I rush looking up at the older man in front of me. He gives me a forgiving nod and continues on walking.

"Well looks like she caught your eye." Jori whispers teasingly nudging my side with her elbow.

"She's alright looking." I lie, hopefully she can't tell but knowing me, my face is probably red as a tomato.

"Lie again."

I roll my eyes at her comment and continue on walking. Ever so subtly glancing back at the girl. My heart skips a beat as she looks at me almost as if she knew I had been watching her. She ran her tongue over her plump pink lips before cracking a small smirk and slipping through a crowd and into the shop.

I quickly turn back around almost getting whiplash from the quickness of my head turn. Casting my eyes down, I can't help but smile to myself. My stomach is doing somersaults from the mere eye contact.