Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen|What're the odds.

Mature Language

I spot my mother in the crowd, standing from her seat. Next to her my father who looks agitated as always. He puts his phone up to his ear, exchanging words with whomever. He shoots a sincere look to my mother before pecking her head and walking off. Leaving her disappointed.

I walk toward her with my duffel bag in hand. She finally turns making eye contact with me, the two of us sharing a grin.

She does a fist pump in the air when I finally stop in front of her. "You did great, more than great. I'm so proud of you!" She squeals pulling me into a tight hug. When she pulls back there's a lone tear sliding out of her carolina blue eyes. She swipes it away quickly her grin growing impossibly bigger.

"Mrs. Parker is that you?" I hear a soft voice ask from behind my mom. I lean over to see Jori's mother. My mom turns around swiftly at her words.

"Andrea? Oh my I haven't seen you in weeks. Where have you been?!" My mom asks excitedly, finally reunited with her own bestfriend.

"Mom i'll be back." I inform her walking off to use the restroom. Two hour long performances are draining and there is definitely no time to stop and use the restroom. My feet colliding with the oak floors under me. Walking out of the theatre' doors, heading toward the restroom.

Admiring the intricate patterns on the walls around me. When I run into Imani King. One of the more experienced dancers at our studio. She specializes in pointe and performed an amazing solo today.

"You did great today Imani." I praise her. Her form and technique is to die for and she's only a couple years older then me.

"Teo you spoil me with compliments. Don't think I didn't see you performing. You absolutely killed that stage."

I blush at her sweet words. I tried my best and it means a lot to get recognition for it. Now I can only hope the next time we perform I get to do a solo.

"Thanks, so where you headed to?" I ask just trying to make conversation.

"Just out to eat, although I can't really eat anything. I'm dieting." She says still holding her smile.

Dieting is a big part of dancing. Me personally i've never really dieted. I've just somehow maintained a good weight. Not saying that any particular weight is bad. People diet for all types of reasons.

"Gotta' keep the abs. Where're you headed to? " She jokes patting her stomach lightly. I laugh lightly.

"Probably home, I have no idea really. But first the restroom." I joke back the both of us knowing how tricky using the bathroom is in between groups.

"Imaniiiii" Someone yells dragging out her name. Approaching from behind her. A guy comes up snaking his arm around her shoulder. "That leotard made your body look scrumptious." The guy compliments with a grin. Imani punches his stomach and he bends over coughing away the pain.

I snort at their interaction. "Where's Ocean?" Imani asks making my eyes go wide. How often do you meet somebody named Ocean, like literally. What're the odds that she's not talking about the one I know. I can only hope she's referring to someone else. I've been avoiding the boardwalk for the last two days. Avoiding every place really.

"She coming in, why you hit me ma' all I was saying was that the leotard was hugging ya' body right." The boy coughs out, an accent thick as he speaks. Imani tries to kick his foot discreetly while forcing a smile my way but I notice. Not that i'll say anything at all.

"Damn my foot too!" He groans out still hunched over now holding his foot.

"Ant if you don't shut up." Imani threatens through gritted teeth.

"Well don't let me keep you two." I finally speak up. Now I really need to get to the restroom.

"Wait you said you didn't know where you were going right? Why don't you come out to eat with us." She suggests pointing a finger between her and the now known Ant person. Just as I was about to politely decline. Ocean comes into view standing beside Ant. I seriously wonder how she does that. Like she mysteriously appears then disappears the same way. Like a real life ninja.

Once she sees me, she shoots me a smile. Before turning her attention to Imani. "You ready to go?" She questions.

"Yeah" Imani responds turning her attention back to me. "You coming?"

"U-uhm yeah sure." I mutter out. She gives me a nod, slapping Ant's neck causing him to jolt up right.

"My neck too, c'mon na', " He shrieks although it doesn't sound like that because of his deep voice.

"I'll text my mom i'm headed out to eat." I inform Imani grabbing my phone out of my half zipped duffel bag. I shoot a quick text to my mom and she tells me to be home no later then ten. I'll probably be home before then being that it's only like one o'clock.

"Alrighty I guess i'm ready when you guys are." I say looking between the three people in front of me. They start walking so I follow, naturally. Making it to the exit door fast as ever. Imani exits first then Ocean then I walk out Ant behind me.

"It's brick dick out hea' " Ant exclaims, I scrunch my face up in confusion. What the heck did he just say.

Ocean slaps the back of his head. "Now you know dang well it's not no damn cold out here. You forget we live in California. Or maybe its cause you think everywhere cold."

Imani busts out laughing, wheezing a little bit. "He thinks everywhere is like new york." Ocean starts laughing too and Ant sends both of them glares grumbling to himself.

They start walking toward the parking lot as I mindlessly follow behind.

Please excuse any mistakes or errors.

Now regarding Anton, his slang will be a little different since he's obviously not from California. It won't be anything too wild that you won't be able to understand just a couple words here and there.

 It won't be anything too wild that you won't be able to understand just a couple words here and there