Chapter 26 - *A.R*

This is like the fifth time I've tried to upload this chapter! It just won't work and it is so dramatic and so much shit goes down in this chapter so generally upset :(

Please leave lots of love on this one...let's beat last chapters votes

Elle x

-Alyce-

"Just tell me Lukey, I won't be mad baby" I cooed as I attempted to stop the tears from falling. His tall body sat next to mine on the end of the bed.

He was crying to hard he was almost choking on tears and words. I felt so unhelpful in the situation, every time he went to say something the emotion got the better of him and the words would not form. I did everything I could think of, Ashton had disappeared into the bathroom once he had realised who it was in an attempt to give the blonde lad some space.

"I-I-I er -" He started yet never finished.

His head darted for my shoulder as I wrapped my arms around his waist. I felt the weight of his body fall onto mine but I didn't care. I had never seen Luke like this before at all and I was seriously worried.

He looked up at me with his bright blue eyes that were filled with water. The outer edge of his eyes were reddening as he kept rubbing them. Tears dripped down his face. I rested my hand onto his and even from millimetres away, I could tell he was shaking. The poor lad.

Rubbing circular motions on his back I attempted to soothe him, but it did little to help. Small hiccups escaped his mouth. Just as Luke began to speak, or stutter again Ashton entered the room. Flinching at the sight of the lad Luke jumped up. Ashton had not done anything wrong, simply came out of the bathroom but it was enough to spook him.

I called after the tall blonde boy but he was gone, despite trying to chase after him it was no use. Luke had jumped into the elevator and presumably back up to his room. Ashton wasn't far behind me, and as soon as the elevator doors closed he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back into my room. I was slightly annoyed that Luke wouldn't say what was up, but he was clearly distressed. I really should go up to his room and find him but I was worried about what I was going to hear.

"Was he ok at dinner last night?" I asked Ashton as we stood in my room.

I could sense that Ashton too was slightly concerned but he did well to hide it. Slowly he shook his head as he tried to think of anything that would indicate his erratic behaviour. But nothing, Ashton said he left dinner early and went back to his room while L.P, Michael, Charlotte and Luke carried on eating and drinking. Apparently Calum had left with someone from the bar.

I was not sure whether to be happy that Calum had moved on, or upset that it really did mean that we were over. I went with being happy because to be honest I was starting to move on, or move back for a better explanation.

Ashton moved aside me, gently brushing my thighs as he went to put the mini kettle on in the room. I was in desperate need for a cup of tea. As he went to make the tea I had the sudden urge to run my hands through his messy hair. Inching closer, I did exactly that. It felt just as I remembered it always did on a sunday morning when we would lay on the sofa's intertwined with each other watching films. It was little things like that that really made me want to go back to the old times but I knew I never would. Things between us were so different now and I wasn't sure if we could ever go back to being a couple.

"I don't know why Luke was like that, what honestly could he have done?" Ashton remarked straining the tea bags out before emptying a few of the milk pots into the drink. As he passed me a mug we both sat down on the bed. He held mine while I crossed my legs and made myself comfortable, similarly I did the same for him.