Prologue

•••• 2 years ago••••
   Laughter rang in the air, and a breeze gently caressed Marinette's face as she and Adrien laughed again.

    Adrien watched her, not for a moment worrying if she caught him looking. This was everything, she was his everything. The spark in her beautiful bluebell eyes and the way her hair twisted behind her every time the wind blew. 

   The sun rays that managed to escape from the clouds slightly warmed their faces.  The slightly chilled cold air nipped at their noses and ears, causing them to turn a light shade of pink.

   Adrien looked around, briefly tearing his eyes away from the woman he loved so much. They were just approaching a bench as they walked slowly. He was determined to spend time with her, they were in no rush to be anywhere. He had cleared his whole schedule for her.

   Just behind the bench, with the exception of a few dozen yards, layed Paris's gem. The Eiffel Tower. It stuck out like a sore thumb in contrast to the pastel sky as the sunset. The blonde's green eyes watched it with amazement for a few moments before he tugged Marinette's hand.

      She looked back at him, slightly confused as to why they stopped. The bluenette lifted her ice cream cone to her lips, enjoying the minty taste of what André had given her.

   It baffled Adrien at why she wanted ice cream, especially since it was cold out. But he couldn't deny getting her some, especially not when she asked with her bottom lip jutted out and looked up at him with wide eyes. Adrien knew for a fact he would give her the world if she asked. She didn't have to ask and he already knew that she deserved so much more than this world.

    "Marinette" He only said her name, but Marinette couldn't help the flutter of her heart when he said it. It fell so beautifully from his lips, soft and sweet. The very lips she never dreamed she would be kissing.

      The bluenette gulped as she blinked at him. He could see the love in her eyes as he stared deeply into them. If he had been dressed as the well known black cat, his ego would have kicked in and he wouldn't be able to stop himself to ask for a map because he was lost in them.

     "Marinette, my love" Adrien lifted his hand to her cheek, dragging the slightly rough skin over her soft, innocent cheeks.

    Passion burned through every fiber of him, only causing him to want to pull her closer and never let go. Even the slightest touch had his body buzzing.

      The blonde snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. When he was staring straight down at her, he could see every little freckle that dotted her face. He loved it when he was close enough to her to see them, they were barely noticeable from any other distance.

       Adrien kissed her cheeks, praising every freckle on them. Marinette giggled, bringing her left hand between them and balancing herself against his chest. She stuck her other hand out awkwardly so she didn't get any of her ice cream on his outfit.

     Her laugh only fueled his love for her. It only hit the blonde in the heart like an arrow. Only instead of killing him, it pumped the love tainted blood through every vein in his body. There weren't words strong enough that described how deeply he cared for her.

    "I have something for you" Adrien pressed his forehead to her's, gently caressing the back of her head.

   "Oh yeah?" Marinette looked up at him through her eyelashes, smiling innocently. "Where is it?"

   Adrien almost couldn't move his hand from her head. He wanted to stay there forever, looking in her eyes and feeling her body so close. But he had planned all of this out and he didn't want to waste the moment.

   Leaving one arm wrapped her small waist, Adrien's hand dove into his coat pocket in search for the prize. When he found it, he curled his fingers around it and pulled it out.

   "Hold your hand out" He demanded. Marinette rolled her eyes playfully but managed enough space between so the palm of her hand was facing up.

  He pressed his hand into hers, before letting the thing in his hand to slowly fall into hers. When his hand was far enough so Marinette could see what he put there, she tilted her head to the side.

   "Oh, Adrien" She cooed. In her palm rested a necklace with several charms on it.

   "This one" Adrien smiled pointing at the umbrella charm, "Is for when we were in the rain. The first moment I knew I liked you".

     Marinette felt her heart melt as he continued to explain the meaning behind every charm.

     "The soccer net is for the first time when I was Chat Noir and you were Ladybug. The first time I knew I wanted you to be my partner for as long as possible. The macaroon for when we where at your parent's bakery and we both announced our love in front of them. But the best of all, the Eiffel tower. The first place we kissed"

     Marinette felt tears swell in her eyes. It was so perfect. It was every moment something first happened between them. Her chest was filled so much with love that she almost wondered how there was any room for oxygen.

     "It's so beautiful" The bluenette chocked out.

     "It's a promise" Adrien whispered, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "That for every moment of every day, I will think about you. That there isn't a piece of me that doesn't miss you when you leave me. It's a promise that my love will never run out because I don't know if I can ever express enough what you mean to me"

   Marinette gave herself a minute to let his words sink in. Every word he spoke, she took it to heart and stored them safely deep inside of her, hoping that she would never forget the words he told her.

    "Oh, Adrien!" She cried out.

     The bluenette brought her hands to his face, pulling him for a kiss. Her ice cream long forgotten as it hit the ground, Adrien crushed his lips with as much as force she used against her lips.

      Something burned between them that couldn't be stopped. A wildfire that no one could contain or restrict. It burned memories into their brains that could never be forgotten. It was a love so passionate that it would never be calmed or quieted. It was what all of Paris knew was between their two favorite heroes.

    Like the moment the prince kissed the princess. The world stopped revolving, everything froze as sparks flew. Like it would never stop because neither wanted too.

   When the two had to pull back for air, Adrien closed his eyes and tightly pressed his head against hers.

      "Forever?" The blonde panted, his hands gripping her waist.

     "Forever" Marinette agreed, her hands locked behind his neck.
______________________________________________
                             Author's notes:
     Hello lovely reader! Thank you for checking out my story! If you enjoyed, don't forget to comment and vote! Have a great day and stay tuned for the next update! This book is part of the 2019 Fanfic Awards by Bellarina50!