7// Meeting Lucy

.

Ashton

/

I still could not believe Luke was coming. I wasn't that mad at him anymore, but every once in a while, a dagger of jealousy twists inside me.

Suddenly they were okay again. They were going to kiss. And I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

A few minutes later, we all get out the car and enter the busy shopping mall.

We see a few people from school and say hi, but they don't seem to notice Ally. It must feel terrible, knowing people hate you like that.

I'm not sure if it gets to her or not.

We zoom in and out of stores for an hour or so, watching Fiona try on a few dresses that she doesn't need.

I take Ally's hand in mine and beam down at her. It feels so right.

"How about we go to the cafe?" Fiona suggests, making Michael hold half her bags. He's smitten.

"Sounds like a plan." Michael confirms, holding her bags in one hand and taking her hand in the other.

I give Ally's hand a quick squeeze while she rests her head on my shoulder.

We find a booth and sit down, pushing the bags away.

We order a couple of smoothies and breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thank god that's over," Calum wipes his forehead with the back of his hand.

"I thought I was going to collapse." Luke taps his foot and checks the time on his phone. "Would you look at that? It's five already."

I groan. "Please tell me we can go home after this?" Fiona smiles sweetly and bats her eyelashes. "Only an hour longer, I promise."

Calum moans while Michael smiles, dazed. We get our smoothies and all take a sip.

I got strawberry, Fiona got raspberry, Michael blueberry, Calum chocolate, Luke pineapple and Ally got banana.

Ally looks down at her sweater and furrows her eyebrows.

Luke

/

I notice Ally not drinking her smoothie and cough. "Are you okay?" I mouth.

"I'm fine." She mouths back. We're only sitting across each other but I don't think talking to her would make life easier for Ashton.

"I'm not really thirsty right now," Ally pushes her glass away.

"How is that even possible? We've walked for ages and you're not thirsty." Calum asks, taking a huge gulp of his smoothie.

She shrugs and looks away.

Twenty minutes later we all finish our smoothies (except for Ally) and zoom around once more. The mall starts getting less crowded.

We enter American Apparel, rolling our eyes about a billion times because Fiona starts squealing over a purse or a dress.

"This is so boring," I lean down and whisper in Ally's ear. "Is she always like this?"

Ally giggles. "Yeah. One time she got kicked out of Victoria's Secret because she spilled Starbucks all over a cashmere sweater, just because she saw a really cute skirt."

We laugh and I don't notice I'm holding her hand until I look down at it. My eyes flicker over the crowd of girls at the checkout, all carrying a pile of skirts, shirts, dresses and socks.