21//Worried

.

Ally

/

I wanted to forget what happened last night, but I just couldn't.

"Ally? Is everything alright?" My mom asks me, cutting some vegetables.

"What? Oh, yeah sure." I sigh, looking down at my book.

"What happened with Luke last night?" She turns around and leans on the counter, looking down at me.

"Nothing, why?"

"Drop the act, Ally. I know Luke got hurt."

I close my book and rub my temples, leaning on the table. "How?"

"Fiona called last night, she was checking if you were okay. So...what happened?"

"Fine. I-well, I sort of, um. Kissed Ashton." I mumble, not meeting her gaze.

"Your first kiss? That's nice." Mom smiles, putting the knife down on the counter. I shrug.

"Luke...um, he kind of freaked out and, hurt him. Bad."

Her face falls, now frowning. "But why would he do such a thing? He's a really nice boy." I chew on my lip, replaying the events from last night in my mind. I only have myself to blame, I keep telling myself.

"I-I don't know..." I lie. I know exactly why.

"Well what happened then?"

"You know what? I think I have some homework to finish-"

"Ally, sit down."

I sigh and sit down again, my mom taking a seat across me.

"Alright, what happened?"

I take a deep breath and explain everything. Once I'm done, she sits in silence, her mouth hanging open.

"Mom? Please say something."

"Sweetie, what am I supposed to say? Someone needs to fix this. Now. If he likes you, he shouldn't resort to violence-"

"Look, mom, I don't know if he likes me...it's just...we-we kissed a few times, that's all."

She raises an eyebrow. "So you're dating now?"

"No," I groan. "I just don't know what those kisses meant."

Mom purses her lips and looks down at her lap. "Well, you need to find out. I don't want any boy hurting my little girl like that. I don't want any boy to treat my daughter how my husband treated me." She says firmly. I can se the tears in her eyes, and now I regret telling her anything.

"Mom, I'm sorry, just please-"

"I think the food's burning." She stands up quickly and turns back to the stove, saying nothing else.

"Mom?" I try. "Mom, please answer me."

Nothing.

I huff and walk out the kitchen.

wOW you people actually like this um ok