Chapter 2

************************************************************************************************************************

Authers Note:

This chapter is a bit boring :DD hehe but it gets better i hope....

VOTE VOTE VOTE

 ************************************************************************************************************************

“Mom, we’re home. What’s for snack?”

            “I baked some brownies, you can have some of those. They’re on the counter.”

        “Yeah thanks mom!” Mimi said excitedly jumping up and down, “My mom makes the best brownies in history!” We headed to the kitchen and the looming smells of brownies were everywhere. Mimi lifted up the tinfoil that covered the brownies and they look so good.  “Feel free.” Mimi said. Jennifer and I dug into the pile of brownies. I took my first bite slowly and my heart filled with joy. It was so warm and soft. It had an interesting chocolate filling in the inside. I probably ate 3 of the brownies before I was full. I looked at Jennifer. I laughed. She had brownies all over her face as if she smashed her face in pudding cake.

            “What?”

            “You have a tiny little bit of brownie on your face.” I said sarcastically.

 Jennifer looked in the mirror. “How come no one ever tells me this stuff?” she said groaning while she wiped it off. So you really couldn’t understand her because the sleeve was covering her mouth up. So I just guessed what she said, I looked around for Mimi and she wasn’t there.

“Mimi! M-i-m-i!!! Where are you?” I yelled. Jennifer and I walked down the hallway and bumped into Mimi, which almost scared me to death!

“Oh sorry, I thought you knew where I was. I was asking my mom if we could go to the festival this afternoon. She said my dad could take us.”

“What festival?” Jennifer asked peeking around the corner.

“Alright.” I said totally ignoring her. “When does your dad come home?”

“‘Bout in 30 min. Why?”

“What are we going to do ‘til then?”

“Do you want to play Scrabble?”

“O.K.”

 Mimi went to get the game out. It seemed as though we played for hours. Board games aren’t one of my favorite things to do. I like more outside games and active games. I lost though and Jennifer won. Mimi got pretty close to winning though. Jennifer is the person in our family that really likes and is good at board games.

“Howdy y’all!!!” said Mr. Sagwater coming through the garage door. Instead of saying hello, Mimi automatically asked him to take us to the festival.

“Well,” He said. “I...”

“Mom already said that you could take us! PLEASE!” Mimi said cutting her dad off. Sometimes people get away with begging. And I bet Mimi is one of them. Not to be mean or anything. Well, her begging works. If I were her parent, I could not deny that. Her sweet voice tells you everything. If I was like that, I probably wouldn’t be alive today.

“Fine I’ll take you. Are you two coming too?” He looked at Jennifer and I. We nodded. I saw him sigh. I looked at Mimi. She had a glimpse of hope in her eyes as she looked at me. There was a long moment of uncomfortable silence. “Alright,” Mr. Sagwater finally said. “Get in the car.” We all shuffled into the car.

www

 “Mimi? Have you ever been here at the festival before?” I asked. It seemed as though she didn’t hear me. So I asked her again but when she turned around she had an evil look on her face. Her face was all wrinkly and she had a dark tone in her skin. Her eyes were red. And out of nowhere she said in a hissing high pitched voice, “Heather, he is coming for you! Heather! Heather! Heather! Heather...” Then she reached for me. Then everything turned black. I felt someone shaking my arm.

“Heather! Heather wake up!” I opened my eyes and Mimi was shaking my arm. I jolted awake and checked Mimi. She was fine. I sat up and found out that I was sweating. I ran my fingers through my hair and took deep breath. “Are you O.K? You were tossing and turning. Then you broke out sweating! Are you O.K?” she shook me again.

“I’m fine. I’m fine O.K! You can stop shaking me now.”

“But you were…. w…were, I was trying to wake you for a long time!”

“Is she O.K honey?”

“Yeah dad.”

“Do we need to take her to the doctor? How about some medication?”

“I’m fine I told you already. No, I don’t any medication or go to the doctor. I just need fresh air.” I said queasily. Mr. Sagwater pulled the car over. I quickly stepped out of the car with Jennifer and Mimi following. Mr. Sagwater stayed in the car. I breathed in and out smoothly and thought about what happened. ‘Heather! Heather! Heather! Heather…’kept echoing in my head. I shook my head until it hurt. What did the voice mean by ‘He is coming for you’? I thought and thought. Nothing came to me.

“Are you done yet?” Jennifer asked. I almost forgot they were there. I turned to face them and nodded. We climbed back into the car.

“Are we almost there?” I asked Mimi.

“I don’t know. Hold on. Dad are we almost there?”

“Yep, about 5 minutes.”