Chapter 25

We arrived at the Quebesta Mountains faster than planned. I looked up at the tallest, most dangerous mountains ever.

"And we're suppose to get through these....how?" Jennifer asked. Ah. Good question.

"Let's just hurry up." Becky said. I sighed and began walking forward. Max lead the way as usual and I unfortunately was last. Climbing this was a lot harder that I thought. Everyone kept asking for water and I had to keep making water out of the air which wasn't easy.

After an hour or so, all our legs were soar and tired. Man. We were out of shape. The hole mountain was covered in trees and shrubs. The farther up you got, there wasn't much oxygen so vegetation wasn't able to grow. That meant it was almost covered and snow along with it was hard to breath. Aka every so often would carry the person who was worn out at the moment.

I looked out behind us as it got colder and all I could see where clouds and not ground. We were really high up. The wind was piercing cold and bitter, and soon enough it began to snow. Not mentioning the blizzard that was coming soon. That night, Jennifer dug out a cave in the side of the wall, Becky went hunting with Tyler, Max made a fire, I cooked a meal, Ale disappeared again, and Taco was just snoring already.

"For heavens sake it's freezing!" Jennifer said as she tried creating friction on her jacket that seemed already 3 inches thick. Though, I was pretty warm because I could change my temperature because I could control the water in my blood which is kinda creepy.

"Sucks for you then." I shrugged as I took a bite of the chicken. I sighed as we had to prepare for the night. I had a feeling I wasn't gonna sleep well. No mattress, feathers, nothing. Just super super hard rock with snow on it.

"Don't talk to her like that. We're having a hard enough time right now." Max said. I rolled my eyes and finished up my chicken.

"Already, I'm off to bed." I hollered behind me. Becky stood up and followed me. We walked a little deeper into the 'cave'. I grunted and laid down on the cold, hard rock.

"Come on. It's not that bad." Becky whispered as she laid down beside me.

"Psh, yeah it is." I whispered back. I turned over on my back and stared at the ceiling which was not far from our heads. After a long moment of silence Becky finally said something.

"Do you think we'll actually make it?"

"Meh, who knows and who cares." I said sleepily. Becky raised her eyebrows but didn't say anything. Then she started to hum something. I closed my eyes and listens I her hum, fire cracking, and the voices of my friends by the fire. I guess Becky's right. It's not so bad after all.

*********************************************

Just because you're you doesn't make a difference. Just because you were loved doesn't mean anything now. You're broke, you're tired, you're as good as a dead man alive. Nothing can keep us together, especially you. You're so worth nothing and never again do I wanna see your face. All of it is not worth it. You're just wasting your life at what you could do at the most. Be the best. Live to the fullest. Know what's around you. Make it better. Only you. That's right. You're the center. You're the world. WIthout you no one would know what to do. Just remember how I always was there for you and that you should make others do for your wants and needs. You're more important than those scumbags. Ditch them. You don't need them. You can beat Zar yourself. All they'll do is mess you up, get in your way. Just remember this....you are you. That is always what's best.

********************************************

"Woah!" I jolted awake and sat straight up, resulting me hitting my head on the ice ceiling. "Ow.." I rubbed my head. Who was that? Was it dad? No he wouldn't tell me to do something like that. Then.. who? I made an ice mirror. Staring at myself. But... my relfection wasn't me. It was me with a perfect life. Normal. With mom and dad. But thats not who I am. Then the mirror changed. It was still me. But me as in the hero of the world. I saved everyone. I'm now highly respected. But my family is gone. No Max, Jennifer, mom, or dad. They're all dead. I felt a tear down my cheek, but none showed in the mirror. Just me smiling, with all the gold I wanted. That's not me. I don't that! I shook my head and broke the mirror.

"Are you ok, Heather?" I whipped around. Max.

"Yeah... I'm fine." I looked down. Max chuckled.

"You're not ok." He sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around me. I completely relaxed in his arm and closed my eyes. I'm 17. What's with us?

"You think we can do it?" I whispered.

"Of course." Max answered confidently, "We're not weak. We're strong. And I have a feeling we'll meet stronger, helpful people on the way. We're almost there." He squeezed my arm. I smiled. Whoever became Max's girl friend is lucky. "Try and sleep more ok?" Max kissed me on the forehead. He whispered in my ear, "Don't make me worry about you." And with that, I fell back asleep.