Chapter 13

“Ale!” I ran out of the bedroom.

“What’s going here?” Jennifer said tiredly. She poked her head out of the doorway, Lizzie/Taco walked out still sleeping. It looked as if the dog was drunk.

“Ale is gone.”

“Who watt a?”

            “Ale! My phoenix,”

            “Oh, why did you name it Ale?”

“That’s not important right now.” I snapped. I looked around and I couldn’t find him. I ran outside the hotel and asked people if they’ve seen a bird flying around here, no luck. So I ran outside the town and into the Veridian forest. It was a cold day and I ran as fast as I could. I saw something in the distance. Soon, out of breath, I came across this figure and he was a boy, a tall boy that looked about my age.

“Hi,” I said shyly. “Have you seen my—,” Then he turned around. He was the most handsome guy that I have ever seen. He had white hair down to the bottom of his neck; he had bangs that were cut just above his eyebrows. His hair was messy but cute. His silver eyes sparkled in the spring sun. He wore camouflage, baggy pants with combat boots; and he wore a navy blue GAP sweatshirt on. He waved at me; I smiled and gave a shy wave. I stumbled over my words then I finally spoke.

“Have you seen my, I mean, a bird fly around here?” I asked more confident. He shook his head. “Well thanks anyway,” I waved bye. He smiled. I ran back to the hotel and told them what happened.

 “A random guy in the forest?” Max asked. “That’s dangerous. Did you talk to him?” I could feel myself blush.

“I just asked him if he had seen Ale.” I said trying to hide my face. Then I heard a screech.

Hi Heather. This is Ale.

“Found him.” Jennifer cried.

“Like I haven’t noticed,” I said. I saw Ale fly through the window, above the ceiling, and then he flew into my room. I walked in and there I saw that man again.

“W-what are y-you doing in here?” I said. “Hey! What did you do with my bird?” I panicked. “Answer me!” I made a water whip not caring if the guy was cute or not.

“Hello,” he said in a sweet voice. I moved my water whip down. I recognized the voice so well I felt was going to collapse. It didn’t come to me until his hair and eyes changed color to purple. I grabbed my sheet of paper on the bed and searched for purple. I scrolled down the list with my hand. Purple- curious, I looked up to him and where he stood then I evaporated the water whip.

“Ale?” I whispered not wanting this to be true. My, so called cute, phoenix is the cutest guy I have ever met? No way, I don’t want to like my own pet. “Your not Ale, right?” God please no!

I am.

I fell on my knees. I put my hands on my face.

You will ask, why didn’t you tell me in the forest? Because, the rule of the prophecy is that, ‘the owner must find out themselves. The being must be able to pass through the human form, without destroying itself.’

“What prophecy? So when a phoenix turns into a human, they don’t know what they look like because the human decides. What the being loves, will become what you look like, right?”

You are one smart cookie.

“I’m still mad at you…”

  Sorry.