Domino Effect

A day after the Darhk's public arrest

A Ghost was running as fast as he could from ARGUS agents that had broken into one of many Hive's underground lairs but he was intercepted by their colleagues that tackled him down to the ground from the side.

-

Star City

SCPD

Officers Liza Warner was dragged out of the SCPD precinct along with her colleagues that were on Darhk's payroll while her former co-workers looked at her in disgust, ashamed that she wore the same badge as they did.

Lt. Pike watched from a distance, thinking about how one man can be the difference although it came at a terrible price.

-

Star City 

City Hall.

Argus Agents burst through the office of council woman Emily Pollard walking past her employees straight into her office and dragged her out as they slapped the handcuffs on her wrists. During the time she was arrested, Emily Pollard had a look of resignation, realizing that the truth had come out in the open.

-

Pheadra Nixon, another high ranking member of Hive's inner circle was pulling up on the driveway of her mansion when suddenly she was surrounded by an army of FBI agents, catching her off guard. 

-

26 May 2016

Arrowcave

Laurel stared at her case containing her Black Canary suit back in the bunker contemplating about whether she should accept the offer of becoming Remz's successor. It was eerily quiet. Too quiet.

On one hand the offer was everything she worked hard for since graduating from Law School but on other hand it put some serious doubts in her mind about her other line of work. Can she continue doing what's doing without resorting to killing? She meant what she said to Lyla after Darhk's downfall. It was both worth it and not worth it in the end. Worth it because she chose justice over revenge and not worth it because there could be someone worse out that Laurel might encounter in the near future and she may not have the same choice like she had with Damien Darhk which left her at a crossroads.

She sighed as she walked away from the case with more doubts than ever.

-

May 26 2016

The first thing Oliver saw when he entered the bunker was Laurel sitting at the computer with her arms crossed staring blankly into the computer screens. It's been a week since the Darhk's were arrested and Hive fell like dominos in the aftermath but it felt less a victory and more of a loss because Team Arrow was broken. John reenlisted into the military following the death of his brother Andy, he told Oliver that he needed to figure out what went wrong and how . It wasn't just him that left Star City. Felicity also left following the breakup and losing her position as the CEO of Palmer Industries. It was too much for her to take so she took the first flight back home to Vegas with her mother but not without leaving the loft they shared and an apology to him. So again it was more a loss than a victory.

"I wanted to kill him." Laurel confessed and Oliver fell silent, curious of where she was going with this. "I wanted to kill Darhk so bad, for everything he's done to me, Dad. Everyone." her body shook somewhat in anger at the mention of the man who killed her father in front of her own eyes.

"But you didn't." Oliver pointed out. Laurel sighed, looking up to the ceiling as she calmed herself down.

"I couldn't." Laurel replied. "I couldn't because It would undo everything that Dad had done to put Darhk behind bars."

"What brought this on?" Oliver asked, noting that something else was bothering her aside from what happened last week. The ADA shifted in the chair slightly before telling him the reason.

"Remz wants me to be his successor and he expects an answer from me before his retirement this fall." Laurel told him. "Which put the future of my other line of work into question."

Everything made sense in the former playboy's head now of why she was saying this. She was unsure of whether she should continue to be Black Canary without crossing the line which nearly happened last week and she was afraid that the next criminal that she could come across may not give her the same choice that she had with the imprisoned leader of the Hive. "All I can say to you is do what you feel is right for you." He advised.

She laughed sarcastically. Well, that was not her one of her strengths, that's for sure. She can be like her father in her decision making, more than she liked to admit. "Yeah, that is something that I haven't done well in the last few years."

Oliver didn't disagree with her. "Sometimes making bad decision can potentially lead to make a good one."

XXXXX

May 28 2016

Star City

D.A Remz was sorting the papers out that was in front of him at his desk in the D.A's. Office when Laurel entered. he looked up to her calmly.

"I take it you have made a decision?" Remz guessed and Laurel nodded.

"You're looking at the new District Attorney of Star City."