The Move

Skylar-
            Today is the day, my big move out of the crappy unpaid for house I live in with my drunken father. I'm moving out with my boyfriend, Calvin. It's honestly frightening though. He's been acting a little odd and distant. Then suddenly he wants to get up and move to LA. I'd say that's a little weird but maybe it's just me overthinking. I have been with the kid 4 years after all.
Maybe I should introduce myself. Hi, my name is Skylar Dawson. No, I am not related to Shane Dawson. Just clearing the air before you ask. I'm a YouTuber, not a famous one but not an unknown one either.

    I'm packing all my important stuff in my suitcase and going through the less important to see what I have room for. I hear a car horn outside. That's how I know it's Calvin. Alright, it's go time. I smile to myself and grab my phone and charger off my bed stand and ran outside. There he was, in his car, pulled aside waiting for me. I run to the car and put my suit case in the backseat and get in passengers seat. "Hiiiii babe!!" I exclaim with excitement. "Hey." He says keeping his eyes on the road. I give him and hug but get no hug in return. It felt like my heart shattered a bit. I sat back in my seat and just stared out the window the entire ride.

***flashback daydream***
Calvin and I were at a concert as our first date and we bumped into his friends. "His is my girlfriend, Y/N" he yelled to his friends over the blaring music and screaming crowds. I shook their hands and Calvin picked me up and put me on his shoulders like a kid. My smile was true, his smile was a smile that warms even the coldest hearts. I screamed and clapped, singing along to the music. Ugh I was so happy. He put me off his shoulders and held me to his chest and gave me the best kiss...
***End of flashback***
"Skylar!" Calvin yelled. My eyes flinched and my body jumped at his voice, it scared me back into reality. "We are here." He says shoving my suitcase on my lap. "Oh.. okay" I say softly wishing that wasn't a dream. I got out the car and wheeled my suitcase behind of me, going into the airport. We walked to the front desk and checked in, as she told us the gate and he left his car keys with her because later one of his best friends is coming to pick up the car. I guess he's just gonna sell it? I don't really know at this point. We start walking and I see Starbucks. "Can we get coffee?" I ask sweetly. "No." He says bluntly. "Pretty please?" I ask again. "DID'NT YOU JUST HEAR ME SAY NO?!" He practically screamed at me, he finally took his eyes off his phone to look at me. I was standing there in shock.
        People were staring at us, I stumbled out some sounds trying to find something to say, as my cheeks flushed pink. What I was focused on how his sweet brown eyes looked so black. Like the devil. My feelings were hurt, I wanted to cry. My vision was getting blurry as tears filled my eyes, burning them. I sniffled and he was back on his phone. I slowly reached for his free hand and he snatched it away. My heart shattered into a million pieces. We boarded the plane and I took window seat, staring out. I started drifting off into sleep and slipped into a dream.
***the dream***
"Dad?" I call out as I heard a loud thump downstairs of my house. I hear glass break and my dad cursing to himself. "W-What're you doing?" I ask. "Shut up!" He screamed, turning my way. "I'm sorry.. I'll go back to my room." I say softly trying to avoid that he's drunk. He gripped my wrist hard. "You don't walk away from me" He says coldly getting in my face. His breath smelled like someone drenched him in beer. "Please let me go." I wince, pulling away. He bashed a beer bottle over my head. "Ouch!" I cry out rubbing my head and slipping free from him. My head is bleeding from glass. I make a run for it to my room and slam the door shut and lock it. "SKYLAR"He yelled and starts beating on the door. "Go away!" I screamed. "Skylar open the door right now" He says pulling on the handle. "Please just leave me ALONE!" My voice starts getting scratchy from yelling at him. My head was bleeding, so I made my way for the bathroom that was in my room. I took a rag and held it under cold water, placing it on my head. Tears were pouring down my face. I took a moment to stare at myself in the mirror as mascara was smeared on my face. Suddenly there was a loud bang and the door bursted open..

Ding
***end of dream***
Ding
There was that noise again. I open my eyes and place my hand on the scar on my head. It was the intercom of the airplane. Thank god it woke me up.. I was sweaty from the dream. "Please buckle your seat belts, we'll be landing in 5 minutes, thank you" the flight attendant says on the intercom and I buckle my seatbelt and look over at Calvin and he's taking a selfie. I sigh softly.

      The plane landed, and I grabbed my suitcase and walk off. "Skylar did I say you could walk away from me?" Calvin says gripping my wrist the same way my dad did when he was drunk. I gasp and pull away. "What does it matter to you. Your being a prick anyway." I say coldly. Never would I ever have thought I'd have to insult the love of my life. So I think the love of my life. "Oh I'm being the prick?" He says embarrassed and looking around like he's about to spit some insult out. "Says the girl who can't support herself." He shoves my shoulder. I look him in the eyes. "Your not my boyfriend" I say starting to cry and breaking into sobs. "Your right, I'm not." He says walking away. "Good luck being homeless" He says and gets in an Uber and leaves. Then there I am, in the middle of a crowd, with wet stained cheeks and red eyes. I'm completely dumbfounded by everything right now. I just got dumped, far away from home, with no money, no car, no roof over my head. I slowly walk out the airport and start walking down the street.

        My heart is inside my throat, and it hurts. Love is so strong and it makes me feel weak,  now I'm so lonely. I pull out my phone and it's 6:09 pm. I look around and the sun is setting with rain clouds rolling in. I feel some rain drops, I look in an abandoned parking lot and see a lot of super cars having a meet. There was a wrapped green GTR with a big black spoiler. A black and gold corvette, a white, orange and grey Lamborghini. A BMW but I couldn't tell the color, it was getting dark, and I think there was a viper. I stand there gazing at the cars, I think my jaw dropped to the floor cause a tall skinny boy walks up, with a hat that said "tfox" on it. "Hey" He says. "Hi" I say more focused on the cars. "They're pretty nice aren't they?" He asked and I simply nod. "Which one is your favorite" he asked. "Hmmmm that one" I say pointing to the corvette. "What?!" He says in shock. "Hey Corey, your car is her favorite" He says to a shorter, dirty blonde guy, wearing a backwards hat and a hoodie. He laughs and crosses his arms. "Wanna come hang for a bit? I'll let you sit in it!" Corey shouts to me from across the parking lot.

     My cheeks turn a little pink, "sure!" I exclaim. "Here I'll take this, by the way, my name is Tanner" the tall boy says, taking my suitcase from me. "Nice to meet you, Tanner. I'm Skylar" I respond while smiling ear to ear. We make our way to the cars, and I gawk looking at them. "Wow" I whisper to myself. "Yea they're amazing, this is my beautiful lady" Tanner says pointing to his green GTR. I playfully roll my eyes, "I love it, she's beautiful" I tell him.
     His eyes lit up, "really?". "Yes GTRs are amazing" I say, walking around his car, taking in every detail. "You've put a lot of work into it huh?" I ask, glancing at him. "Oh yea, lots and lots" he brags. I lock eyes with him, and my eyes travel down, admiring his smile and tattoos.
     Corey then walked up to us, "I still think my ol' Corvette is better" he says, confidentially crossing his arms. "Why do you think that?" I ask. "Because, just look at it! I have my subscribers names written on it, it's gold and black and.... it's a corvette" he says shrugging. I laugh, "good point." Tanner rolled his eyes and playfully scoffed.