Bridges Burned

"I can't stand you Jake!!" I yelled at him. "What do you expect me to do?! Lie?! Cheat?!" He yells back.
     It was 2 months after the Witches Forest trip. Elton, Cory, Jake, Sam and Colby were all at the Trap House for a party and Elton brought girls, one as which Jake is familiar of. He just admitted he still had feelings for her. "I'm going back to the Funk Bros house, and you stay away.. please" I say packing my bags and Sam walks in, "The hell is going on?" He asked. "Nothing." I say frustrated. "Jake leave. Please" Sam says, closing the bedroom door behind him, "what's going on" he asked. "Nothing Sam-" he cuts me off, "your a bad liar" he says smirking. I smiled slightly, "Jake has feelings for someone else" I say, "not surprised, don't sweat it too much" Sam says rubbing my back, "you wanna go visit Corey?" Sam asked. I nod and smile, "okay you can go visit Corey for as long as you like, I'll text him" Sam says going to grab his phone. I walk downstairs with my luggage and Jake is hugging the girl, I roll my eyes at him. Tanner wasn't the one, Jake wasn't the one..
"I wasted 2 months on you just for you to be with... this?" I ask looking at him.
He looks at me stuck. "Have fun with this trick." I say, "hold up who you calling a trick?" She steps closer to me. "You, problem?" I say. "Didn't think so. So unless you're going to pop your shit and swing, I'm leaving. I have somewhere to be" I say, waiting for her to say something. She was quiet, "exactly, so disrespectfully as possible, fuck both of you, and goodbye." I say walking away.
Sam grabs his keys and walks me to his car, grabbing my luggage and putting it in the trunk. He drove me to the Funk House. The whole way there I got lectured about how I should get to know a guy better that way the risk of me getting my feelings hurt is lowered. I stared out the window and listened to him, but when he was done he gave me earbuds and I plugged them into my phone. I play Unbelievable- Why Don't We (media song)
I slightly hummed to the song, "your in my heart your in my head, now you're waking up here in my bed!!" I sang, hitting the right notes. Sam looked at me and smiled, taking my phone and putting it on Aux. Blaring the song, opening the sun roof of his car and rolled down the windows as I stuck my hands out the sun roof, singing to the song, looking up to the stars. I was happy to see Corey, Capron doesn't know I'm coming yet. I can't wait to see his reaction. No worries, I'd definitely come back to see Sam, Colby and Corey. They're fun people, but I think Jake and I are meant to be friends more than girlfriend and boyfriend. I mean that's obvious now. I looked over at Sam as he was dancing to the song. We pulled up to the Funk Bros gate in front of their house and it slowly opened when Sam put a code in. He parked the car and we quietly got my stuff out and went in the house. I saw everyone on the couch watching a scary moving, sharing popcorn. I smirked and snuck up behind Capron, grabbing his shoulders and screaming, causing him to jolt. "Skylar!" He yelled pulling me over the back of the couch and into his lap and you gave him a big hug. Sam walked in and waved, everyone hugged and greeted Sam and I. I missed these guys.. such great people.
Most of all I missed seeing Drew, his perfect hair, eyes and smile. His voice when he talks and his voice when he sings. He was just perfect. His personality killed it all, it fit him so perfectly.
"Thank you for bringing me Sam" I say, giving him one last hug before he left. "No problem, please don't let Jakes stupidity cause you to not come see us" he says,
"Of course not, he'll learn eventually. I will always come see you guys." I say smiling.
"Okay well you have my number, FaceTime me every night so we can all see you." He says before walking out. I nod and wave to him goodbye.
I sit on the couch with the Funk Fam and watch the movie with them. Tanner walks out of his room and looks at me. I look at him, 'shit... I forgot about seeing him' I think to myself.
"So I'm guessing we are roommates again?" I ask, "I guess so" he says, rubbing the back of his neck.
Corey scoots close to me, "I missed you bestie" he says, I laugh and hug him. He holds me to his chest. "So what happened between you and Jake?" Capron asks. "Well we were having a party and Jake admitted his feelings to his ex in front of me and then kissed her, so I cussed them both out and left" I explain to them.
Corey shakes his head. "Lord lord Jake is a mess" he says.
"Believe me I know" I say softly.
It felt great being back with the funk fam. Not as awkward being around Tanner to be honest. I was at my happy place again.
--------------------------------
Heyyy, as you noticed in this chapter, I added a song to set the mood of the chapter. I will start doing that now, a new song for every chapter!!