تسعة وثلاثون

chapter thirty nine

r o b y n

I watched nova crawl on the soft fluffy carpet as paw patrol played lowly on the flat screen as I waited on kentrell to come over.

me and kentrell have been talking for the past couple of days and i finally decided to let him come over to my apartment. we kind of came to an agreement to co—parent only for nova and he'll certain days with her.

i heard a knock on my door letting me know he was here. i picked up nova placing her on my hip and made my way towards the door. i looked through the peep hole to see kentrell standing there in a black shirt, black jeans, along with some black air forces.

i opened the door making a smile appear on his face. "look at my baby." he took nova out my hands and pushed passed me.

"well hello to you too." i mumbled as he sat on my couch and begin to place kisses all over nova face making her scream loudly.

i stayed silent and watched him continue to play with nova. i squinted my eyes once i noticed a small gash under his eye and another one on his chin.

how didn't i noticed that?

"so how have you been?" i asked kind of getting irritated since he haven't spoken to me yet.

"good." he answered stiffly. i could tell he was lying since he started to chew on his bottom lip and he has been avoiding eye contact with me since he stepped foot in here.

i got up taking nova out of his arms since she was beginning to fall asleep. i placed her in her crib and made my way back towards the living room.

"did you make a drop before coming over here?" i asked standing in front of him as he continued to type away on his phone.

he only shrugged his shoulders making me groan lowly. "do you know you're putting your daughter in danger. somebody could've followed you here and now—"

"bro chill." he sighed finally looking up at me. "i only came hea' fa' my daughter and now dat she's sleep i'll be on my way." he said standing up.

i looked at him surprised as my mouth hung open. he was just so excited that we were finally talking and how he doesn't have to sneak to see his daughter but now he's acting like he doesn't even care anymore.

"kentrell." i grabbed his arm stopping him from opening the door.

robyn what are you doing? just let him go, you don't care about him.

"what's up with you?" i asked genuinely caring.

no, no, no. you don't care about this nigga. did you forgot what he did to you?

he only stared at me as if he was hesitating if he should tell me or not. all of sudden his hard expression dropped off his face and his lip begin to quiver.

"i just found out emily was trying to set me up tha' whole time and dat baby was never fuckin' mine." he told me as his voice cracked.

i wanted to tell him 'i told you so' so freaking bad but i decided against it, instead i opened my arms wide and engulfed him in a hug.

it wasn't supposed to go this way. at first i was supposed to hate him and then only tolerate him for our daughter. but it looks as if we're going back to step one AND i have to stop that from happening.

he wrapped his arms around my slim waist and placed his head in between the crook of my neck. my heart skipped a beat once i heard a sob escape his mouth and his hand clenched my shirt tightly as if he was scared to let me go.

"im so fuckin sorry fa' all tha' shit i had did."

do yall want kentrell and robyn to get back together?

do you prefer long hair or short hair?

sandals or slides?

i love yall💚