A/N & Acknowledgements

A very large part of me is very happy to be done with this story. Checking my word count, it's somewhere around 240,000 words. Depending on the words/page count, that's 600-800 pages. Congratulations, if you made it here, and thank you. As much as my extreme passion and love of Red Queen inspires me to write this, you guys, the people who contribute to my view count and star count, and comment on this story, equally made this ride worth it.

I wrote this story because I had just finished writing my first fanfiction, Bleeding Crown, which was essentially the same idea as this, as it was a fan-made Red Queen 4. Looking back on my first story, even then, I was extremely critical of it, and desired to make it better. After all, the actual War Storm wasn't coming out for a couple of months, right? Ha. I started writing this story in late December of 2017. I finished writing it today, June 17th, 2019. Ouch.

Yet as tiring and as stressful as this story has been to keep up with, I suppose I did it. My update schedule is notoriously inconsistent, this story having sometimes getting two posts a week, and every so often not being updated for three or four weeks. To that, I apologize. I truly love this story, but it's very easy to get into slumps.

I did not outline this story. For when I began, there was a vague ending in my mind, various scenes that I was certain should be included. Perhaps had I outlined it, it would've been shorter, less confusing, etc. If anything, however, War Storm was a learning experience for me, and turned Red Queen into something so much more than a book. I've made this plot, these characters, into my own, and that makes me really happy.

From here on, I will be at last continuing Calore Dance Academy. Hopefully I'll have an update out by the end of the week. (To those of you who are living for that next chapter, again, more apologies.) This summer, I also plan on writing some original works. I don't plan on publishing these.

I'd like to say a special thanks to the following people who have stuck with my story, provided me with constant encouragement, and made me feel like a decent writer, who might one day find herself with a published book or two:

(in alphabetical order, just so ya'll know)

~ ADELINEMILLS

~ BookloverInsomnia

~ Eli6254

~ elieth_0730

~ ilovelululemon

ixm3gan 

~ KawaiiCorgi800

~ SheWritesWonderss

Thank you to you guys, as well as everybody else who has at one point or another, read one part or another of this story. Along the way, I have had plenty of people fall out of reading this, and for that, I hardly blame them. It's kinda long, man.

As I've mentioned before on my profile, if enough people are interested, I'd be happy to write a single-chapter alternate ending, of which would detail the immediate happenings of Mare and Cal's story, had Cal been able to get help and survive. I'm also considering bonus chapters, which would tell of what's happening in the months following the end of Epilogue 5.

And of course, as somebody who will always hold the Red Queen universe near and dear to her heart, I will do any sort of one shot at all, in a book I'd call Shattered Fates. These stories wouldn't have to have anything to do with my version of War Storm, just the universe in general. Please message me if you have any ideas!

For updates on my writing, follow me @Natthefantastic on Wattpad. I'm also on Fanfiction.net and Archive of Our Own, but I'm the most active on Wattpad, and you'll be most likely to be aware of delays (and more) if you follow me on this platform.

Again, thank you all for this journey. I've changed so much in the lapse of time I've been writing this story, not merely as a writer, but also as a person. My writing style is ever growing and changing, and I look back at even the early chapters of this story and cringe.

Lastly, if any of you just want to talk Red Queen-or any of fandom, depending-message me whenever you feel like it! I love talking Red Queen, as you can imagine. Or, if you're going through a difficult time, whether that be with friends, family, or yourself, I'm always here to listen and do my best to help. I'm happy to offer support and whatever advice I might have. Life isn't easy for us teens!

Love you guys     ~Nat