1• The druken mess

"We are married."

I looked at Manik and he looked at me, totally shocked. We are married. But how did this happen?

That was when a flash of memory hit my brain. I remembered entering into a jewellery shop hand in hand with Manik. Okay so that was how I got this ring?

I looked at the ring in my hand and then again at him. We are in a deep mess.

"How did this happen?" He said and frowned. He looked enraged.

"How would I know?" Obviously I wouldn't know. Did he actually think I plotted all this situation? "May be this is some kind of a misunderstanding. May be we just put on the ring. Or may be this is all just a dream. Nandini wake up. Wake up " I blabbered out my own imagination as I ever so gently patted my cheeks.

He sniggered, looking at me and I shot him a glare. The next moment in one long stride he reached me and pinched my cheeks so hardly. I didn't even get a chance to calculate and comprehend his move.

I wailed in pain, glaring at him. "What was that for?" I yelled at him. My head had already been hurting because of the hangover and now even my cheeks.

"It's not a dream." He pressed his lips together and forced a smile on his lips. This arrogant jerk.

I stomped my feet in anger, crossing my hands around my chest. "But how did everyone get to know about this?" I tried maintaining my calmness as I lifted my hand to show him the ring.

"I guess I know how." He said as he turned his phone screen towards me.

"Paparazzi." I should have guessed it. I ran my hand through my hair, totally frustrated. The whole internet was overflowing with congratulation messages for us.

And those damn paparazzi even managed to sneak a few of our photo's entering the jewellery shop and even the church. He swiped the page down and I immediately squeezed my eyes shut, cursing myself under my breath.

There was a picture of us kissing in front of the priest. "We are really married." I hung my head low, totally frustrated and at the same time I felt so gloomy.

"And look at this too." He said through clenched jaws. I unwillingly lifted my head only to see my Instagram post.

"What? I posted this

"What? I posted this." This screwed me up even more. "Now what should we do?" I said in an irritated tone. I heard him sigh as he ran his hand into his messy hair, also grabbing onto some of his hair.
"I think we should you know hold a grand wedding and publicize our wedding." He said in his annoying tone. Annoying jerk.

"Oh really. Yea yea let's do that." I said in a mocking tone, crossing my hands around my chest.

Right then my phone buzzed and it showed the name "Mom ♥️". I am doomed now. What should I do?

"Pick up your phone or just cancel it. Your ringtone is annoying." Manik said in his annoying tone. I shot him a glare and he did the same.

"Annoying jerk." I was so irked both with the ringtone as well as him. With much courage I picked up the call.

"Nandini is it true you got married? How could you marry without even informing me? I am very dissatisfied." My mom's voice boomed through my phone's speaker and I had to distance my phone from my ear.

"No mom-" I started but I couldn't complete as I heard Manik's voice.

"Honey what are you doing? Aren't you joining me for a shower?" My eyes widened in shock. I glared at him, fisting my hand while he smirked. Moreover he had said it out so loud. That it was enough for my mum to hear it.

I heard my mum's fake coughs from the other side of the phone. "Okay Nandini. Come home later with our son-in-law. I have something else to do now. Bye." She immediately hung up.

I was so enraged. Gritting my teeth I glared at him. "Manikkk. Do you have a death wish?" I shouted in irritation as I showered his chest and arms with my punches. In the mean process, he grabbed a pillow that was on the bed and dodged my punches with it.

I tried pulling the pillow but he was adamant to not leave it. "Manikkk." I shouted as I struggled to pull the pillow and in this process I pushed him on the bed and then tried pulling the pillow from him. He pulled harder and eventually I was also pulled towards him. I fell right on him with the pillow crushed in between us.

I raised my head slowly and that was when I realised our position. I looked at him and he had already been looking at me. His eyes locked with mine and captivated me.

I suddenly felt a sudden chill run down my spine with the way he looked at me. Breaking the eye lock, I immediately got up from him and looked anywhere and everywhere but not at him, feeling totally flushed and awkward.

Right then his phone rang. I sneaked a look at his phone screen, only to see the name "Mom" flashing on his phone screen.

"Mom." He picked up the call as he got up from the bed. Revenge time. I smirked.
"Mom it's not wha-" He had just started explaining but I cut him right in between.

"Honey where's my underwear? Have you seen it?" I said it out loud enough for his mom to hear it. He choked at his words and looked at me with his mouth wide open. I smirked, crossing my hands around my chest.

"Mom mom no let me-" I don't know what his mom said but she hung up. He glared at me and I glared back. You started it first so bear it now.

"You dug your own grave." I said, smirking as I walked past him but I stopped when I felt his hand grab mine.

That time little did we know we both had dug our own graves with our very own hands.

***
Feeling really low today. I am in need of motivational lines.