8. She cares

Firstly thank you Crazy_Sidhantian for this beautiful cover. If you guys are in need of book covers, banners or icons then you ought to check out her cover shop.

***

"Manik finish up the juice." She said as she folded her hands around her chest. I looked at her and then the juice glass and made a bad face.

The Karela juice's taste sucked. "Nandini it's too bitter. I won't drink it." I said as I put the glass away.

"Manik it's for your health." She took the glass from the table and forwarded it to me.

"This will only ruin my health." I said, pointing the glass. "Do you want my taste bud to get sick? No right. So I am not drinking that."

"Manik stop whining like a 5 year old child."

"What? A 5 year old child. Are you even serious? Do you think a 5 year old child will look as handsome and as hot as me?" I tried diverting her attention from the juice.

"Hot and handsome." She let out a laugh. "You must be kidding me Malhotra." Now that offended me.

"Hey. Are you doubting me?"

"What if I am?" She said as she put the juice glass away.

"I have a well built body okay and every girl drool over me. So don't you dare underestimate me." I said, seriously.

"But I am already underestimating you." She smirked and that was it. In a swift move I caught her hand and jerked her towards me. She landed right on top of me with a light thud and I could see her eyes widen.

And that was when I noticed every small detail of her face from her beautiful orbs to her plumpy lips. As my eyes landed on her lips, I could feel my throat dry and I gulped. I felt the to urge taste them.
She tried getting up but before she could completely get up. I pulled her a bit towards me and gently dragged her hands inside my shirt. I could feel her body stiffen a bit as her hands rested on my abs.

Her fingers spread over my abdominal area and I could feel my heart shiver. My eyes were glued to hers and hers were glued to mine.

I could feel her hands caressing my abs and that feeling was just so heavenly. The urge to feel her closer to me increased every passing second and I could feel the sexual tension building within me.

"Mani-" Cabir's voice hit my ears and we both abruptly jerked apart. "I didn't see anything. I mean I don't even know what you guys were doing." Cabir said, totally flustered as he took a complete U-turn and walked out of the door.

Shit. This felt so embarrassing.

"Uhhh I-" she tried making an excuse. "I have some work. I will be back. You drink the juice." She said before walking out of the room.

What was I doing? I probably had lost my mind. Manik Malhotra get a grip on yourself.

My throat felt completely dry. I looked at the juice glass before picking it up and gulping the juice in one breath.

"Yiiii it's so bitter."

I heard a knock on the door and that made me look up from the glass.

"Cabir." I averted my gaze from him. I might die from embarrassment today. "Why are you standing there?"

"You know I didn't want to interrupt like the last time." He said with an intention to tease me.

"Cabir stop talking nonsense. We weren't doing anything in the first place. We were bickering over this glass of juice." I said showing him the glass.

"Yea yea bickering. For your kind information I have like perfectly working eyes." He said as he walked in.

"Think as you want." I said sternly as I put the glass away.

"But you know you guys look good together." He said as he sat beside me.

"Good and us? Stop talking nonsense Cabir." I said as I leaned on the headboard.

"It totally makes sense. And actually I think she likes you.

"The biggest joke of the year." I chuckled.

"I really feel so. You know at first I was very angry on her but trust me my anger melted away when I saw her taking care of you so passionatly. She hasn't even slept nicely for two whole nights. I told her to get some rest but she would not even listen to me and neither Navya. She cares a lot about you."

"She is just guilty and nothing else." I tried reasoning. "Anyway leave that. Tell me about my tomorrow's schedule."

"The shooting for Kaisi yeh Yaariyan begins tomorrow from 10:00 am. Are you sure you don't want to shift the shooting date?"

"Yea and I am completely fine now. I have rested enough for two freaking days."

"Okay then I will go and arrange the things needed for tomorrow." Cabir said as he got up. "And yea Nyonika aunty said that you don't need to rush home. She'll handle everything at home."

I nodded my head and he left. She would handle everything or it was better to keep it as she would endure everything. Sigh!

"Uhhh Manik." Her voice broke my trance and I looked up at her. "Drink this soup." She said as she placed it on the bedside table. She turned to leave but I held her hand and stopped her. I knew she was feeling awkward because of what happened earlier.

"Nandini." I called.

"You need something else." She turned her head to look at me.

"I am all okay now. So you should grab some sleep." I was genuinely concerned about her. What if she fell ill? "You have been running around here and there and you have been taking care of me. Now stop feeling guilty. You have done enough for me." I said.

She looked at me and smiled. "I did feel guilty but more than this guilty feeling, I genuinely cared for you Manik." She picked up the soup bowl and forwarded it to me as I looked into her eyes.

"She cares." Just by knowing this piece of information I could feel my heartbeat changing it's pace.

***
Did you like Manik's pov or not? I had a hard time writing his pov. I just hope you guys liked it. Do drop your reviews and don't forget to vote.