18. Lipstick Love

A meek sobing sound broke my sleep. We were in my apartment and the room was totally dark but it didn't take me much time to figure out that Manik had been crying.

As I heard his meek sobs I could feel my heart sink. He acted strong in front of me and held back his tears. In the night, amidst the darkness he had been crying and struggling alone.

I moved closer to him and embraced him. He slowly turned around to face me and I just moved closer to him embracing him tightly. I said nothing and he did the same. He just let his tears flow as he hid his head in the crook of my neck.

Our position was a little bit uncomfortable but it didn't matter. I gently patted his head and he held me tighter.

As the time passed by his breathing became normal and I could figure out that he had fallen asleep but his hold on me didn't loosen, not even a bit.

I stayed in the same position as I gently patted his head and I didn't even realize when sleep took over my senses.

I heard the alarm ring and I frowned. But the alarm soon went off. Huff. I still had no other option but to get up and get ready.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open only to see Manik staring at me. His eyes were bulgy and I could still see tear strains on his cheeks.

"You look like a mess." He said as his lips curved into a small smile. I pouted.

"You look even more messier than me." I said.

"No I don't." He denied, probably he felt offended. He immediately felt offended whenever someone would complain about his looks. That's how he was.

"Oh yes you do."

"Oh no I don't."

"Oh yes you do." I repeated yet again and he made a bad face.

"If that's the case then you look even more messier than me." He stuck out his tongue and smiled.

"Oh really. Then let's see for ourselves who looks messier; you or me?" I said as I sat upright on the bed and he too did the same.

"Okay." He said as he plopped out of the bed running his hand through his messy hair. He made his way to the dressing table and I followed him.

I stood right beside him as I looked in the mirror. My eyes were bulgy too and my hair was a mess but he looked messier than me.

"See you look messier than me. So you win the messier look contest." I chirped as I ran my hands through my hair. He made a bad face and I laughed.

I was so busy in laughing that I didn't even realize when he picked up my lipstick and drew a line on my forehead. My laughter died in my throat and I glared at him. "Now who looks messier; me or you?" He laughed.

I huffed looking at the lipstick mark on my forehead. I immediately picked up another lipstick that was on my dressing table and rubbed my lipstick on his right cheek.

"Nandini." He huffed looking in the mirror and the next moment we both were struggling to put lipstick on each others face.

In the process my lipstick broke and he smiled victoriously. "Now you are unarmed." He said as he moved towards me. With each step he took towards me, I took a step backward.

After stepping a few steps backward I stumbled and fell right on the bed. He came on top of me with a constant smile on his face and I could feel my heartbeat crashing against my ribcage.

"Manik." I made a puppy face.

"Yes Nandini." He said as he slowly scribbled on my face with the lipstick and I pouted. He rubbed the lipstick on my lips before pressing his lips  demandingly against mine. A sensual heat rushed through my veins, threatening to melt the bones and I  didn't even realize when I kissed him back equally demandingly.

His palm splayed across my right cheek and his other hand cupped the side of my neck. Involuntarily my one hand made it's way towards the back of his nape, pulling him closer.

His thumb stroked down the back of my neck, sending shivers through me and a soft moan escaped my mouth, giving him the opportunity to slid his tongue inside my mouth, tasting each and every corner of my mouth. He tasted heavenly. I breathed in his scent continuing to feel his lips against mine.

He slowly let go off my lips. "I am not so satisfied with the taste of this lipstick. How about trying another lipstick?" He said in a teasing tone and I hit him on his chest.

"Get off me. You are so heavy." I said, trying to push him and instead of getting off me; he pecked my lips, then both my cheeks.

"You look like a joker right now." I giggled, looking at his face.

Right then we heard the doorbell ring. We looked at each other before immediately getting up.

"I'll go and wash my face." Manik said as he hurried to the washroom. But I blocked his way. "No I'll go first."

"No I will."

"No I will." I said as I held the doorknob of the washroom and he followed my action.

"Manik leave the door."

"Nandini you leave the door." He said as he tightened his hold on my hand which was on the doorknob. We both struggled to push each other away.

"Manik."

"Nandini."

"Manik please no let me go first."

"Nandini please no letme go first."

"Manik stop copying me." I craned my head to look at him.

"I am not copying you."

"Oh yes you are."

"Oh no I am not."

Right then we heard the door of the room click. Navya and Cabir entered the room and as soon as they saw our faces they burst out laughing.

"What is all-" Navya laughed holding her stomach.

"Let me-" A roar of laughter escaped Cabir's mouth. "take a picture." He took out his phone.

"How did they get in?" Manik shot a glare at me.

"Navya has the spare keys." I said as I covered my face, trying to avoid being captured and taking that opportunity Manik entered the washroom.

"What the-" I shouted. "Manik Malhotra." I banged on the door as they continued to laugh.

Half an hour later, we all were seated in the living room. Cabir was busy showing the pictures to Navya while I huffed in anger. I glared at Manik while he intentionally ignored my glares.

"Cabir let's get serious now." Navya said as she composed herself.

"Okay." Cabir said trying to suppress his laughter but the next moment he again burst into laughter.

Manik got up from his seat and covered Cabir mouth. "Stop laughing." He said as Cabir struggled to take Manik's hand off him.

"We took a day off for you." Navya said and I looked at her, not believing what she just said.

"What did you say?"

"You have a day off today." She said. "Last night Cabir had informed me about the situation and in such a situation I don't think you guys can work, can you? And moreover look at your all swollen eyes, even makeups can't cover it."