Princess and the Pauper Part 1

Chapter 20

It's been two weeks since that dinner and that reaping souls adventure. The grim reaper, who doesn't want to be called by his name, has gone missing in action. And without him, of course, Albus Wesley is also gone.

Not that I enjoy or brag about it, but because Albus is nowhere to be found, many men surround the body where I live. It is no longer unknown to me that Hailey flirts with many men. Almost every student at Adelaide Academy knows that, so it is very difficult for me now to avoid the men who were linked to her then.

"Where are you going? I'll join you, babe. " I just closed my eyes to Ralph's clinginess as I held a children's book entitled "The Princess and the Pauper" and headed straight to the parking lot where I knew my driver was waiting for me to come home.

In an unnamed kingdom, a princess and a pauper are born at the same time.

The class is over. Today is our midterm exam, so most of the students are ready to party tonight to celebrate it. In fact, I am sure that even the owner of this body will come if she is still alive. But sadly, she is dead and I am the one who uses her body now. It seems that for almost two months that I was inside this body, I was gradually getting used to it.

"Stop it, Ralph. I need to go home." I irritably said and stopped walking to face him. The simple holds and caresses he had earlier given me enraged me.

Damn him!

"Are you going home right away? Why aren't you wet already? " When he said that, I gave him an indifferent look. "Okay, I think they were right. You've changed a lot. " He even laughed, as if mocking. "Are you a loser now, Hailey? Are you like Mary too? It's really good that she committed suicide—" I didn't finish what he was going to say, and I quickly slapped him in the face.

Ralph Recto is the son of the Governor of Plamour City. However, I was not even afraid of that knowledge. He has no right to insult my name in front of me.

But he seemed to be angry about that. In a flash, he suddenly punched me in the stomach, which caused me to suddenly fall. It was so painful and strong to the point that even the book I was holding came out.

"You dare to slap me now? Damn you, whore! I already licked you before. Why are you acting like a virgin, Hailey? " He screams it out, as if he is getting angry with how I acted.

Rather than give attention to what he said, I preferred to rub my stomach, which was slightly squirming, but that did not stop my bad look at the nasty human in front of me. This is what makes being Hailey Perelman so difficult. All the sins she committed are what I am paying for now.

The princess lives a prosperous but sad life, while the pauper lives a simple but happy life in the town. One day, the princess thought of wandering around town. There she met the pauper and realized they looked alike.

This life is a joke!

"I don't want to do this, but you leave me no choice." He said it meaningfully before taking a syringe out of his pocket and opening it.

It was there that fear enveloped my whole being. The syringe I saw today is not new to me. It has been rumoured in recent weeks here in Plamour that many victims of rape are seen with pricks in the autopsies. However, it seems that even if he uses it on me, I will not die. He will just waste time and waste his life on me.

The princess thought of exchanging her life with the pauper for at least one day. She asked the pauper to pretend to be a princess while she replaced her.

I M _ V E N A