Meeting an Alchemist (Part 3!)

It was Rapunzel's birthday, you got up out of bed and ran to your door. But then you remembered, you were locked in here.

You groaned and sat back down on your bed. "I can't believe dad is keeping me locked in here, on my sisters birthday!" You said to yourself.

Here you were, still trapped in your room. Laying on your bed and staring up at the ceiling. It was your sisters birthday, and your father still decided to keep you in here.

It was the early afternoon, all of the guests were probably in the ballroom right now, talking, dancing, eating food. Something you longed to do all year.

You sighed and sat up, looking out your barred window once again. You could see the blue sky and white fluffy clouds outside, how you wish you could run around on the soft green grass.

A knock was heard on your door, snapping you out of your daydream. "C-Come in!"

The door opened and a guard stepped in, not the first time you've seen this happen.

Clearing his throat, the guard spoke, "Princess (Y/N), we have a special guest here who wants to see you."

Special guest? Don't tell me it's one of those dukes from another kingdom. The guard stepped aside and let the guest walk in.

They bowed to you and said, "Good afternoon, princess."

"Varian!" You jumped off your bed and ran towards your friend, engulfing him in a hug. "I'm so glad your here! It's so boring without you! Did you get my letter?"

Varian laughed and returned the hug. "I wouldn't miss Rapunzel's birthday, besides, there's amazing food in the ballroom! And yes, I did get your letter."

"Wish I could have some of that food, but noooo, my dad is making me stay in here." You let go of Varian and shooed the guard out of the room.

"On your sisters birthday?" He said with disbelief.

"On my sisters birthday." You replied with a huff, crossing your arms and looking down at the floor.

"I could have my dad talk to the king for you, maybe then he'll let you come to the ball."

You shook your head and looked back up at your friend. "Thanks, Varian but you don't have to do that for me."

Varian crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. "Come on (Y/N), you should go have fun. It is a party after all!" He then took your hand and started dragging you to the doors of your bedroom. For some odd reason, your face started to heat up when he grabbed your hand.

You stopped him by tugging him back. "Varian no, we'll have guards chasing us and my father will probably kick you out of the kingdom. I don't want that to happen to you." Once he let go of your hand, you rubbed your arm and looked down.

You were grateful that Varian wanted to help you, but you knew that your father wouldn't change his mind. Your mother was probably doing the same, asking your father to let you out of your room.

Hell, he was probably thinking; "She might run away again while we're not looking if we let her out of her room." Please, you wouldn't want to miss your sister's birthday.

"Well, what do you want to then? If you can't go to the ballroom then, what else is there to do in here?" Varian's words snapped you out of your thoughts, you looked at him then frowned.

"I usually just sit here and draw, or look out my window. Or read a book, o-or just take a nap." Pretty boring, you knew. But there was nothing else to do here, just a room hiding you away from the outside world.