Cassandra's Little Sister (Part 3!)

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say a few things before we start with the story. My best friend Lunatic1000 is going through a really tough time right now. I don't want to really talk about what's going on in her personal life without her permission but even if I asked her, she would most definitely say no. All I'm going to say is that her dad is in a very depressed state of mind, he's not taking care of himself and my best friend is very worried and depressed about it. If you could all please give her some love and support in the comments, that would make my day and possibly hers. Thank you all so much, I really appreciate it. Now, on to the story <3

~

Cassandra came over to where you and Varian was and sat down beside the boy.

"You should've won." She said.

"It doesn't matter. The truth is, all I really wanted to do was impress you guys. I thought if I showed you what I was capable of, you might see something in me. Something special... I was just being dumb."

"But you did impress us. Varian, you're a great kid. You're smart, you're compassionate, you're unique." You said as you placed a hand on Varian's shoulder.

He looked at you and smiled. "Thanks, for saying that."

You smiled and nodded, your stomach again filling with butterflies.

"Oh, it looks like St. Croix liked your invention after all," Cassandra said, making you and Varian turn your heads to look at the stage.

There, you could see Dr. St. Croix messing with the turn wheel on Varian's invention.

This sent Varian into panic mode. "Master St. Croix! No! No! Don't!" He yelled.

He quickly got up from the fountain and started running towards the stage with you and Cassandra following behind.

"You're- you're building too much pressure!" Varian tried to stop St. Croix but he was just shoved back.

"Back off, boy! I'm a scientist." St. Croix then grabbed the lever, about to pull it.

"Don't!" You and Varian screamed in unison, but it was no use. Dr. St. Croix pulled the lever and the machine started to spin like crazy.

Then an explosion sent it flying, crashing into walls and almost hitting the civilians.

"Somebody do something!" St. Croix yelled.

The invention was heading straight for you guys, Cassandra took action and jumped at you and Varian, pushing you two out of the way. Unfortunately, the machine hit St. Croix, sending him flying backward.

Varian's invention then collided with Fernanda's, it was still spinning at an alarming rate.

"You chose me!" Varian said happily to Cassandra.